Chapter 5

It took Hiccup a couple days to go to where Elsa had fallen and he'd found her, and it wasn't because he was trying to put things off. But a chief, once again, couldn't just fly away as they please, regardless if he'd acted that way in the past. He was really trying to make an effort to be a good chief, worthy of their support, since Elsa came. She talked often about her kingdom to him or Valka, and it was clear she was a just and adapt leader, and it made Hiccup feel horrible about his previous adventures and sudden trips.

He really needed to buck up, or people would like their new co-leader more than him!

The marriage was still being debated. He was very careful everyday, wondering if he should tell Elsa what he knew yet, or let her hear it and act surprised too. It was constantly on his mind.

And he had tried to go to the place, about an hour south, but had to make a surprise trip to the Meathead tribe, to deal with dragons. Apparently, Thuggery was freaking out because his dragon which he thought was a guy was actually a girl and was giving birth, and instead of being in eggs, they were born like mammals, to which Thuggery wanted to know if it was normal. No, simply wanting to know was too soft of a term. He had been in hysterics, fretting over a mother dragon who nearly burned his hands every time he tried to poke a new dragon, which resulted in seared palms being shoved in Hiccup's face.

Hiccup had known it was a female and that it was one of the more mammal like dragons, and was almost too frustrated that Thuggery was so ignorant. But he could tell he loved his dragon (once named Dude…changed to Duda.) and that was really all he could ask for.

Finally, he got a chance to take Toothless out. Toothless resisted him the whole way.

"I know you like this girl, but she doesn't belong here. We have to give it our best shot, or I'll feel guilty my whole life." Hiccup explained in exasperation. There was the call of a dragon to his left, and a Viking with long hair came into his view beside him.

"Hello, Camacazi. I see the hair is new." He greeted with a sigh. Still, he was glad for her appearance, even if her usually long blond hair was now black as night. He hadn't properly talked to her in a while, the time before the last time she had been talking about this new fangled thing in other places where people changed the color of their hair. 'Black is so much scaier than yellow.'

The last time he did was searching for Astrid, and Odin knows he'd been a wreck then, and her hair had still been yellow, and neither had been talking much.

"So I heard you're to be engaged to a foreign girl." Camacazi was not one for pleasantries or beating around the bush. SHe didn't even respond or tell him how her hair had been achieved, which Hiccup was really curious about. But he could tell she wasn't going to tell him. Then, a thought hit him.

"It's not even official yet." Hiccup glowered, "Who told you such things."

"Rumors." She shrugged, "Clearly it's true. How's she taking it?"

"It's not official yet so she doesn't know. I'm not even supposed to know." Hiccup said through gritted teeth. Camacazi gave a disgruntled sound.

"You and your marriages." She said distastefully. The all female Bog Burglars were well…all female. And they clearly prospered quite well and kept populated, so it wasn't just a female love affair thing.

"Ah, you don't do relationships." Hiccup said more to himself than to her. Camacazi flipped her hair from her eyes against the wind.

"I do short ones. I'd have one with you if you let me." She said, "There's still time."

"No, Camacazi," He bumped Toothless into her dragon. He was fairly sure she was joking, and it wasn't like he hadn't thought about it. But he had too much valor to act that way- he was from the Hooligan Tribe and you didn't mess around with someone unless you were serious.