9: Wedding bells

her eyes shining as the light brown eyeshadow was bringing a light shadow to her eyes, her lips soft as pink lipstick glided against her lips, the eyeliner sliding on her eyes, mascara running through her eyelashes, her cheeks glimmering from dusky rose blush. 

the white lace and satin, carefully designed and fitting around her waist almost perfectly, fitting her curves as the strapped blouse sat on her torso. little flowers adorned in her half up-do. a veil covering the back of her dress as she smiled at herself against the mirror. 

a marriage of convenience or not, she must admit she felt so excited, beautiful, even anticipation almost, through out the whole, none of them had time to see eachother. 

not that they even wanted to, they both had so much to do. the bride herself, hana, had so much work. however. . . 

hana would be lying if she didn't say she was overwhelmed. 

a knock echoes through the room, "ready sweets?" hana's father asked, he himself docked up in a tuxedo in navy blue. she smiled gladly, placing a shaky hand over his bicep. 

this is it, life would change, on the surface. the deal must go through, the cold night they mutually agreed on would be in action from this day, things will change but not for themselves. 

that's the deal, wasn't it? not interfering with eachother, moving on with life's flow where ever it dragged them, leaving the future for the future to handle and only stream through their present, comfortably. 

then why is tension racking both their minds, and one's heart?

following the father-daughter duo entered the large doors, where nearly 200 people sat, all in their occasion. her light white gown flowed on the beige carpet as she walked with the child infront throwing petals all over. her nephew. 

hana's elder sister watched as a tear streamed down her cheek, almost ruining the bride's makeup it self by making hana tear up a little too, but that really didn't matter right now. this is something to remember always, even if it was arranged.

hana's hand was put in jay's hand, as he softly smiled at hana's father. "take care of her son" he whispered to which jay smiled, genuinely. he nods ever so subtly, his hair strand on his forehead while most of it was slicked back cleanly. 

creating a nice, sexy look with a dark, almost blending into the midnight sky black suit, tightly fitted around his waist as a chain dangled against his coat, his shoulders broad, looking sharp with the sleeve cuffs, black inner shirt which seemed like half satin, and a smile so bright for sore eyes with a almost perfect face. 

the officiator does his work as everyone only listened in peaceful silence, it was a cold evening but yet the right temperature to stay outside without a sweat, all the kids seemed to be having fun with whatever was more important than some distantly related relative was getting married. 

"i now announce you hereby, legally, husband, and wife. now, sign here." hana looked hesitantly at her now husband, jay stepped forward, soon a hand draping around hers as the crowd lauded while we turned out backs, a pen in our hands. 

feeling the cold metal ring against our fingers creating space between our ring fingers, each sparing a look at eachother and then at the officiator who looked rather aloof, and then back at eachother before running the pen down. 

the gel smoothly gliding over the crisp sheet of brown paper, jay park and hana baek. husband and wife. 

"may you both by happy, healthy and prosperous children" the officiator blessed, as we smiled politely in response, being allowed to breathe a little so suddenly right before our family came up, the camera's being set up already. 

me and jay only exchanged one knowing look as he stifled a sigh and i pasted on a smile. 

a while later, and by a while, i mean two-three hours of the camera shuttering, gift receiving, polite smiles and more receiving, we were finally let to eat, however with more people who bothered jay and i was just glad he covered for me, answering everything for me if he could. 

i ate and didn't fail to notice jay was falling back, and i wanted to do something, but "are you done?" jay whispered, inhaling a long breath as the guys beside him decided to bother him less. 

i nodded, my eyes lingering on his food. "i'm done too, they added too much. let's get dessert, i heard there's vanilla ice cream and various toppings with it" i nodded again, speechless. 

it's like he can read my mind at times. he grabbed a bowl of ice cream while guests exchanged looks with us, guess it would be like this until the evening. i scanned over the toppings as i picked on my ice cream, confused. "hurry up, do you want oreo's?" my eyes widened slightly, raking my eyes over the table, thinking i missed them. 

"yeah, where are they?" i asked, unable to see any similar pans filled with dusky biscuits and white insides. "shh, here" he passed an hand sneakily, holding a open packet of a 8 piece oreo packet. 

i looked at him, at the packet, and back at him again, a smile creeping up my face as he rolled his eyes, telling me to not laugh or the kids will rush in here for them. "thank you" i laugh at him, he seriously has a oreo packet at him as if it's a breather. 

does he usually just carry this? pros list. 

"you're welcome, your sister is on her way upstairs. i'm gonna go handle some business" he said, leaving me comfortable and ran over to his friends. have i always been so oblivious to his attention to detail? nah. 

i'm sure i would've noticed.

it was way later than midnight soon and all the guests had left except the closest family of ours, everyone had glistening eyes in silence, even the kids had their energy drained, and i praised my oh-my-God-so-fun wedding for it. it was time to leave. 

away. away from the house i lived in for like, 21 years of my life. 

"take care baby, we'll visit you soon, okay?" i nodded, only a few tears to exit. by soon, it meant tomorrow. for the reception. 

so i wasn't as bothered or upset. especially with such a funny faced guy beside me. 

"you say yourself looking like a monkey and a bird's child, stupid." i rolled my eyes, ignoring my husband as i struggled to fit inside the car and the images of my family slowly disappeared in my line of vision. 

goodbye fun life. 

edited