Chapter 2

"Thank you." I smiled at the cashier as I grabbed the paper bag with my medication.

"No problem, Dear." The elderly woman softly smiled back.

With one last smile, I made my way towards the glass, sliding doors which automatically opened when I neared allowing me to leave the cool, well air-conditioned pharmacy until I was standing in the blinding, hot sun rays that threatened to scorch my tan skin until I had a painful and dry sunburn as a second skin.

To how I forgot my umbrella is beyond me, but seeing as I did, I started my slow walk back to my accommodation, but instead of taking the shorter route as earlier on, I settled on the lengthier one, only because of my creepy encounter earlier on, but even as I walked, my mind remained on the man. A huge part of me wanted me to go that side and see if he was okay, but the scared and sane part of me had me walking away without any remorse.

I can't be wanting to save a man I don't even know. That's just crazy.

I spent the next couple of minutes walking in silence with my heart busy trying to resurface the unexplainable,  unwarranted feeling of longing and craving for the man while my mind kept on pushing those thoughts and feelings down. I practically spent my whole walk arguing with myself as my mind remained in turmoil with a light drum known as a headache beginning its song.

By the time I walked passed the front desk of my accommodation, I was tired of myself. I just wanted to eat and take my medication so this irritating dryness in my throat could finally leave me in peace, so this headache could disappear and so these crazy thoughts could finally leave me alone. I was tired and I wanted a nice marathon of My Hero Academia to sooth my mind as I ate some popcorn and cupcakes while drinking a cup of soda.

I scanned my pointer finger on the scanner before making the small walk across the revolving doors so I could jog up the many flight of stairs up to my floor where I arrived as a heavily breathing mess with sore legs as I trudged towards my unit door. I skillfully dug my hand into my bag and fished for my keys that were quite easy to find thanks to the huge, blue and fluffy ball that hung carelessly from them. I inserted the key in the keyhole and twisted it, earning a quiet 'click' that told me that the door was unlocked. I pulled it out of the lock and grabbed the handle, pulling it down to open the door only to be greeted by the cold and dark kitchen. I guess nobody is home yet.

Letting out a soft sigh, I slipped into the apartment and closed the door behind me, making sure to lock it as an extra precaution before walking down the kitchen and to my room door where a gold lock dangled from the handle. I quickly searched for my key and inserted it into the keyhole, twisting it until a soundly 'click' filled my ears as the lock jumped open so I could pull it off from the hole on the handle. I lazily walked into my untouched room and dropped my meds on my study table and my bag on my neatly made bed.

The brightness from the sunlight in my room was a huge contrast to the rest of the unit that was cold, silent and dark. If it wasn't for the fact that the student accommodation is quite safe and there are other students around, I'd be freaked out and jumpy from the dark and emptiness of the unit.

But, before I could be further immersed into my thoughts, my stomach decided to fill the room and my ears with the embarrassing sound of its proud growl of hunger. It had my shoulders sagging as I begrudingly started towards the open door while thinking of what I could have for lunch. The quietness of the unit had me sighing as loneliness mercilessly settled in. Being alone sucks.

I silently shook my head and let out a breathy sigh, not knowing that that would be the only sound to leave my lips for a while as a warm and large hand sudden covered my lips and halted me in my movements. The presence of another body appearing behind me making my heart spike up in panic as I tried to scream, but all that left my lips were muffled noises.