« cнαpтer oɴe »

□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □

Prologue

-Heather-

I smiled as I sipped my peppermint tea and continued to flip through my favourite classic novel, Little Women.

It felt wonderful to escape from everything, from reality. Sitting here, relaxing with my favourite kind of tea and favourite book, is one of my favourite ways to unwind. College can get a bit nerve wracking and everyone deserves a chance to breathe easy and rest. I breathed in the sweet and exhilarating scent of the bakery. This place has always been simply remarkable. Barely any one ever came here, considering it was built in an unpopular neighborhood. The variety of sugary, delectable pastries goes on and on, and the tea is just...perfect. Better than my mum's. I looked around and admired the unique decoration and style of the bakery. The small tables meant for a few people were made of an olden mahogany wood. Shelves of delicate glass objects were lined up in the back of the bakery, neatly. Cute little signs indicating what specials were available and what was most popular were hung all around the bakery. Out of all the admirable things in this bakery my favourite thing has always been the honey coloured lights that hung all around the walls. They emitted an inviting glow and increased the calming and cozy atmosphere. I continued to smile as I took another small sip from my cup of tea. As I was about to start a new chapter in Little Women, the door suddenly swung open, causing a few bells to chime. I tried my best to keep my attention on the novel but it was impossible. Out of all the times I've came here the noise level has never been this high. I glanced over at the new arrivals and gasped.

There were five obnoxious guys by the door, yelling at each other as they conversed, as if it were normal to talk that loud. They were rather clueless about the fact that this place is usually like a library or just didn't really care at all. Four of them were wearing ordinary clothing, which was odd because I've only ever seen students come here. We all wore uniforms. I had to blink twice as I stared at the fifth boy. He was wearing a bloody football outfit. Jersey, shorts, cleats and all. His hygiene didn't seem too nice as well. His skin looked moist and it was a deep red shade. He must have had a game of some sort. Beads of sweat still hung limply from his chestnut brown hair, which was tousled and all over the place. I could feel his energy and adrenaline beaming off of him and I didn't like it. I grimaced in disgust. I didn't know what these goofs were doing here but I hoped that they would leave soon. I redirected my attention to Little Women and focused on ignoring them completely.

Let me tell you. Ignoring five freakishly loud and irritating guys is extremely hard.

"Eh and when you scored that last goal..THAT WAS CRAZY!" , one of them bellowed in a strong Irish accent.

"HAHA REMEMBER WHEN YOU FELL OH MY GOD LOU THAT WAS HILARIOUS!" A boy with dark curls began to yell, whilst chuckling like mad.

"But I did do amazing you've got to admit that boys." I'm guessing Louis, said proudly.

"YEAH! GO LOUEH!"

"LOUIS, LOUIS!"

They all raised their glasses and took long swigs. Wow..they were toasting with..tea. Okay then. They continued to chant as Louis began to pull on the honey coloured lights that I have always adored.

"Hey these are cool." Louis chuckled.

I gaped as the lights began to flicker. Louis' eyes widened as he accidently pulled again, causing the lights to stop working and fall to the ground.

There was a long silence. I sighed in relief. Finally...peace.

My small moment of relaxation was interrupted by a bellow of laughter coming from the Irish fellow. Soon after they were all laughing hysterically on the floor. I felt my anger rising. Did they not care for anyone but themselves? I'm pretty sure that there are several people trying to rest and study but they HAVE to cause a scene. ugh.