chapter 24

mature scenes included —
Victoria:

Excited nerves settled in my stomach as I stepped off the plane into my home state. I could almost cry being so close to home, and my family. All I wanted to do was go to my mom's house and engulf her in a hug, I've missed her so much.

There was a sleek black van waiting for our group. Killian gave the driver the address of my moms and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.

"I'll let you go in first, and then you can introduce us if you want." Killian said from beside me.

I nodded. "I'm going to tell her everything, is that okay?"

"Yes, I don't want you to be keeping any secrets from her." Killian smiled softly.

"Thank you, so much." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

Rose's eyes were glued to the window as she witnessed all of the new buildings pass her by. It was actually kind of adorable, she reminded me of a kid in a candy store.

I must've been dozing off while looking out the window during the entire car ride because I soon recognized the familiar houses of my childhood neighborhood. A smile made its way to my face as my mom's house came into view.

The car parked a few feet away and I went to open the door but I was suddenly nervous. I was scared, what if they don't approve of Killian and I? I know I shouldn't be afraid of that, it was stupid but I was.

"You can do it." KIllian smiled, "Go see your family."

I smiled at him with happy tears welling in my eyes. I leaned over and gave him a quick kiss. "Thank you."

I sped up my pace as I walked up the front steps. I rang the doorbell a few times, waiting anxiously until the door opened revealing my mom. She was in sweats and a baggy shirt. She looked extremely tired and worn out with a dark pair of bags under her eyes.

Her eyes finally registered that it was me standing in front of her and she instantly cried pulling me in for the tightest hug I've ever had. I wasn't complaining though, I missed my mom's touch and I was crying with her.

"Oh my god!" She cried. "I missed you so much, I never stopped trying to find you."

"I'm okay, mom." I smiled, "I missed you so much."

Her hands were on my shoulders and she stared at me in disbelief, not  over the fact I was standing in front of her right now.

"I'll go get Lily right now, come in!" She smiled, rushing to get my little sister.

I heard the rapid footsteps of my sister as she threw herself onto me. Her body shook with sobs as she latched onto me, afraid if she let go that I wouldn't be there. I hugged her back with just as much emotion, tears falling from my eyes once again.

"I thought- I thought I lost you. I was so scared." She cried.

"Shh, everything's okay now. I'm here." I whispered.

I saw my mom wiping her own tears that had fallen and I motioned for her to join our little group hug. I smiled, feeling content with my life right now. All of my friends were in the car outside, Killian was safe with me and I was with my family. Everything was perfect.

"What the hell happened to your arm?!" Lily exclaimed looking at my bandaged arm.

I sat them down in the living room and explained everything to them: From getting kidnapped, to Alex's dad, to Rose and Alex. I told them all about Killian, Cain and Liara. I told them how Killian would sneak me away to steal kisses and I told them every single detail from the ball leading up to now.