𝄞 05 | The Citizen Hotel - Part 1

The Citizen Hotel, Sacramento CA

The Citizen Hotel, Sacramento CA. after the party.

The Citizen Hotel's fourteen floors loom above me as I step out of the limo. A stark building with an exterior that gives off that 1900s functional but beautiful look to it. The type of building the government used to put money into, but at the same time wanted it to not look a little too pretty. But they failed. It's beautiful. The tour of the hotel was fast, but it still blew me away. I kept bumping up into the feeling of stepping through the looking glass. I've lived in Sacramento my whole life, but this isn't middle-class sleepy Sacramento I know. My city is a city where at least one parent or a family member worked a government job. That type of government job was the California state or the federal government. That whole nine-to vibe boring job vibe with a side of a sturdy pair of decent-priced dress shoes.

The Hotel wasn't middle class. It wasn't something I knew, and the place made me feel uncomfortable. That really wasn't the hotel's fault. The plush leather-bound chairs, beautiful old world wood, all of it was inviting. But it was a streamer house on steroids. That meant nearly every single moment was recorded except for the bedrooms. Nuts. That was where most of the heart of the uncomfortable came from.

Megumi opens the connecting door to our suites in the room. Every single room in the hotel was rented out by the production company for the year. The sound of the wrap-up party up a floor from me was booming. It was the first successful show and I'm not even sure when it was going to wrap up.

"At the hotel, feel comfortable." Megumi smiled at us, putting her glasses on. Not sure how you feel comfortable, twenty-four-hour live stream recording of your stay? "If you need anything else, hit me up on my phone. I'm available anytime, day or night, for the projects." She heads out the front door of my hotel room, leaving both Zoey and me together in the room.

"The suite is very nice," I say, then with wide eyes, I lean over and peer through the connecting door into her room. That's as big as mine. With a bar, a king-size bed, the kind of things you see in swanky movies. I gulp. This place is way too much.

"I don't think where in the burbs anymore B," Zoey says to me.

"Nope Zo," I answered Zoey. She falls back on the bed into the plush red sheets.

A/n: more is coming out tomorrow :). I just wanted to split it because the next part is a bit long and it's wattpad.

I am so thankful for the love everyone's been showing for this book so far. I know it's a bit chick-lit at the start. :) I'm glad yall are digging the dance. Don't forget to leave comments, vote, and share it helps the book get out there to more people. Asher needs to get out there lol. Thank you again enjoy the show!