Chapter 8- Deal

Valentina's POV-

"You really expect me to follow these rules,huh?" I asked after I was done laughing. He was about to say something but I cut him off.
"Well I think, we need to change your rules" I said in a cold voice, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Rule 1: I respect people if they respect me, if they deserve my respect" I said looking at Xander for a second when I said that.

"Rule 2 : I know that all of you cuss, it's like my second language and I am not changing that for you.

Rule 3 : I do smoke, sometimes drink too when I am stressed, I sometimes go to clubs with my friends too, you all do these things too, so you have no right to ask me to stop.

Rule 4 : Well I don't need anyone's permission,if I want to go out then I will.
I won't take any of your gaurds 'cause I can take care of myself and keep myself safe,I have been doing this my whole life"I murmured the last part but I think they heard,I don't really care.

"Rule 5 : I will respect your privacy and I expect you to respect mine.

Rule 6 : I don't have time for relationships and nor am I interested, but if I do like someone it's none of your business. I do have guy friends and I don't need anyone's permission to tell me who I can or can't be friends with 'cause I am sure none of my 'brothers' asked for permission if they can be friends with someone or not" I said quoting the words brothers.

"Rule 7 : I don't go out at night but if I do it must be very important,so don't even try to stop me.

Rule 8 : I don't have any problem with this one.

Rule 9 : I don't fight unless provoked.
And if I do that person most likely deserve it.

Rule 10 : I am a straight A student so you don't need to worry about my grades.
If that's clear then I think we have a deal Mr Romano." I said coldly with authority,like I am making a business deal.
"I hope we can corporate with each other till my 18th birthday"I said as stand and went to leave but just as I reached the door, I turned and looked at Xander dead in the eyes and said coldly."I will be out of your way if you will be out of mine." Then I looked at Lucas and xav and said "I hate liars" with that I left the room and went to my room.
I know I was rude maybe mean too but I have to stay away,what if they are like him,I won't be able to handle that.
And also I can't put their life at risk I know they are in danger 'cause they are the American Mafia but I have more enemies than them.
I have to do this to protect them from them, from him.
I have to stay away from them, for my sake,for their own safety.

Third person POV-
(In James office)

They all were shocked. They had so many emotions ,hurt, sadness, regret, pain, fear of losing her. They all sat in silence until Rafael spoke.
"What did you did Xander and don't lie to us,why did she said that to you before leaving and why did she said that she hate liars to xav and lucas, explain." he said sternly all the attention was on the three younger Romano brothers and mostly on Xander.
Xander took a deep breath, no point in lying or denying. He thought.
"Well when I was taking her to the dinning room for breakfast,I uhm kind of told her to stay away from me and that she is not my sister. I regretted it instantly but she already walked passed me so I grabbed her hand to hold her so I can apologize but she turned my hand on my back painfully and said to not not touch her again and walked away. I don't know why I said that and why I was behaving like that I just was angry when I saw her dead eyes,that I couldn't protect her. I didn't wanted to lose her again so I thought that I'll just stay away from her. I was just finding reasons to hate her cause mom left because of her,I am really sorry,I am just really stupid" he said with guilt and regret. Everyone were looking at him angrily then Xavier spoke.
"And why did you said that at mall?" he asked angrily.
"What did he did?" Alex asked.
"When we went to the cashier to pay after buying jewelries,I was finding my card but Val took her black card and payed, we were shocked cause that was so much so lucas asked how she have a black card and this much money but before she could reply this dumbass commented that she got it from her sugar daddy" Xavier said pointing at Xander.
" Then Val snapped at her saying that she didn't had a dad to give her his card for shopping,she worked hard for this and she also threatened him in a deadly calm voice that she will cut his tongue if he said something like that again, you should have seen his face he looked so scared" lucas said laughing at the end.
"XANDER GIANNI ROMANO,HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND. HOW COULD YOU SAY THOSE WORDS TO YOUR SISTER. THIS IS NOT WHAT I TAUGHT YOU. I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE ISSUES BUT YOU CAN'T BEHAVE LIKE THAT. AND YOUR MOM DIDN'T LEFT BECAUSE OF YOUR SISTER, SHE WAS HEARTBROKEN THAT HER OWN BROTHER BETRAYED HER AND TOOK AWAY HER DAUGHTER, SHE LEFT 'CAUSE SHE NEEDED TIME FOR HERSELF. IT'S NOT YOUR SISTER'S FAULT, YOU UNDERSTAND. I WANT YOU TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR SISTER.
SHE HAVE HIGH WALLS BUT WE NEED TO SHOW HER THAT WE CARE THAT WE LOVE HER. WE CAN'T GAIN HER TRUST IF YOU WILL ACT LIKE THIS"
James yelled.
All the mens were sitting silently in the office fuming at the the stupidity of their brother and thinking what to do now. Then suddenly lucas asked
"Is she going to leave us?"

What do you think of this chapter?
Who is the him she is talking about?
Will Xander learn his mistake?
Will she leave?
Stay tuned to find out.
Comment and vote.
Dedicated to ShreyaSadagopan
Words: 1109