CHAPTER-14

Published on- 23/02/22

ABHIMAAN SINGH RAJVANSH

I am in my cabin, standing in front of the huge glass wall which gives the view of the whole city. I am continuously watching the beautiful view of the city but my mind is in some deep thoughts. The girl in the park!

I don't know why but I can't stop thinking about her. Her hair flowing like feathers, her earrings dancing like a nymph, the calming sound of her bangles, her hands moving on their own, and her astounding painting looking anything but real. I am feeling these types of feelings after a long time. I never thought I would ever feel like this for anyone else. I know it's wrong but the problem is I myself don't want to deny this feeling. I don't want to forget her hair, her bangles, and those beautiful earrings. I am getting mad!

"Hey man! Congratulations!" Ateet greeted me entering inside without knocking!

"Thanks" I nodded

"Dude at least smile a bit; you are nominated for the best businessman of the year" he said

"Exactly! I am nominated. I haven't won yet" I said as a matter of fact.

"I am sure you will still carry this poker face" he muttered the last part

"Did you say something?" I asked raising my eyebrows

"No" he said shaking his head forcing a smile

"Good" I replied

"Abhi, you know there is this new clu..."

"Did you complete Dixit's file?" I asked before he could continue. Because ii know where his stupid brain is going.

"It's really rude to talk while I'm interrupting" he said

Is he really that dumb?

"I asked you something?" I said not looking up from my screen.

"Umm....Yeah.....I was......just.....umm..."he stammered

"You didn't. Did you?" I asked calmly

"No, but I am sure I will complete it by today" he said smiling showing all his teeth

"Yeah! Your confidence in your useless brain will run this business. No?" I said

"I am going" he said pouting angrily

"Arrogant Jerk" I heard him say

"Hey! Stop there. What did you say?" I was shouting but he ran away.

I shook my head.

How can I be friends with this kid?

It was 6 in the evening. I stood up closing my laptop and stretch my sore muscles after sitting for almost 12 hours.

I took my suit's jacket and car keys from the desk and left my cabin while entering my private lift.

Everyone greeted me and I nodded.

I reached the parking lot and started the car.

I was driving back to my penthouse.

Suddenly a scene caught my attention. It was the same park I visited yesterday. I stopped my car at the side of the road and rolled down the car window. 4-5 kids were playing with a puppy. They were feeding him cookies. The scene looked adorable and melted my heart. I was watching it with a smile. Unknowingly my eyes were searching for a familiar figure, but I can't see her. Maybe she came only for one day.

Just like that, I was watching that scene for about 15 mins. It gave me peace. I remembered the day I asked her how many kids she wants. And how her cheeks became red. My shy sunshine! It would have seen so different if she didn't betray me. Maybe we would have been married by now and having kids like them. I thought looking at the kids who were playing with that cute puppy.