Alexandria, Egypt, Earth, March 2017

Archie’s discovery

Archibald  ran to his tent to weather yet another impending sand storm. The sky had suddenly darkened. As he entered the spacious, he noticed his assistant scratching his head looking at the area’s map.

 “What’s up?” Muhammad turned to face Archie, looking grave.

“Well we’ve covered almost all the ground I’m afraid. There’s no sign of anything. I’m beginning to think that your colleagues may have been right…”

Archie sighed.

 “What? Everything that could be discovered has already been discovered? Nonsense.

I’m sure it’s there, not far. I have a sixth sense for these things. Trust me.”

Within minutes, the storm was raging and threatening to uproot the tent. But Archie only used the best. His tents were not the ordinary ones. He had then custom-built so they were firmly rooted in the ground, very sturdy, yet easy to transport.

 The men stared at the map, investigating. No point talking, they would have to scream to hear each other. But someone did. They both turned towards a radio transmitter. One of the workers was shouting something in Arabic. Archie gave an inquisitive look to his assistant whose eyes opened wider as the meaning of what he heard sank in. They had found an inscription with something in Ancient Greek.  A picture of it had just been sent to the assistant’s PDA.

He rushed towards his bag, took the device out and frowned while trying to decipher the message. Archie looked over his shoulder and recognized the Greek phrase“ The place of the cure of the soul.

Most people would double-check at this point. Not Archie. He jumped at once in celebration and shouted

“YES!!!!  I knew it. I found it! Finally, all the hard work will pay off”