She's In Labour.

I'm back at my company signing some contracts and looking over my design plans for the new orphanage next to where we live. I've always loved little children and it's always been a dream of mine to have kids of my own, maybe 3 or 4. And I guess that's why the orphanage is so close to my heart. The orphanage is run by a small old lady who's the most kindest person I've ever met.

She helped me get back to my feet after my divorce, and she's always been the mother figure I've always wanted, the mother that I wished my biological mother would've been. I have always wanted my mother to actually give me the love that she gave my brother, the care and support she gave him, but I guess everything happens for a reason, and I'm lucky I have my dad and his side of the family to lean on, as well as Ms Shelly of course.

Even when I was lonely and thinking of Scott, Ms Shelly has always said to me, "never let a man show you twice how he feels about you."

I decide to give the go ahead to the final design plans and squirm excitedly in my chair knowing that the kids are gonna love it. I attend some meetings during the course of the day, some boring and some really interesting, and some ending in arguments that I just don't care for.

Alex walks into my office, clearly showing annoyance that I'm still here.
"Sweetie, we're trying to make sure shit's in order, but that doesn't mean work yourself to the fucking bone. Get some rest babe."

"Oh Alex, I'm sorry...I'll clear up now. I didn't realise how late it was until it was too late."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I just want this to be an absolute success. You know how I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to this."

Alex looks at me sympathetically. " I know Sweetie, but I'm serious. Go home and get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow." With that he blew me a kiss and left.

By the time I check the time it's 10pm, and I pack up tiredly and yawn. I walk down the hallways and greet Jimmy, one of our janitors, sweeping up.

"Get some rest Jimmy, you've been working at it since early morning" I chuckled while walking into the elevator.

"You got it Miss, Goodnight."

I get into my Mercedes and this is one of the reasons why I don't regret splurging on a good quality car, gives you a run for your money, but it's all worth it.

I cruise down the quiet streets of Cali, not in a hurry to arrive at home. I stop at a red light, and my phone starts ringing.

*Unknown Number*

That's weird, but I answer it anyways.

Zara : Hello, who's this?

Mallory : Zara hello. It's Mallory, Chrissy's mom.

Zara : .....

Mallory : Hello? Zara dear, are you there?

Zara: Sorry, yeah. I'm just a bit surprised is all. Although I am curious as to why you're calling me. Is everything okay?

Mallory : Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Chrissy is in labour. And she wants you to be there.

Zara : Listen Mallory, I just don't think we need to complicate this shit any more than it already is and I just -

Mallory : Please my dear. I wouldn't be calling you if it wasn't urgent. I know my daughter did you wrong, dirty even. But I truly apologize for her. I'll even do it a million more times if I have to. Please, please come to the hospital.