Have The Letters Stopped?

I'm 7 months in my pregnancy, and so far it's been good. Sure, I've been gaining a bit of weight and my feet are madddd swollen, but I can manage.
I'm sitting outside in the lapa with Mason, as we're going through wedding venues.

"You're sure you can't do this by yourself or with the girls? This is some boring shit."

"If I was marrying the girls I would've, but unfortunately it's you so I'll have to make it work."
He feigned hurt but nonetheless kept going through the venues with me.

A sigh left my lips, " I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed out about everything. I want everything to be perfect and you're just -"

"-It's okay love, I understand. We're in this together."

"And...I found out something."
He glanced at me, fear evident in his eyes.
"Go on."

"Apparently she's been at Chrissy's a lot now. Like a looooot. And I can't help but feel like they're planning something." 
I wouldn't be surprised if I was right. She was always my mother's favourite, even more than me. If she had a choice to choose who'd be her daughter, no doubt she'd choose Chrissy.

"Hmm. Have the letters stopped?"

"I haven't received them in a couple weeks now. At least they don't know about the baby."

He looked up in the air, a thoughtful look in his eye. "We'll see. You have a pretty dysfunctional family."

Then a realisation came to my mind, "Speaking about family, how come I've never met your parents? Your brothers are cool and all but what about your folks?"

"I'll tell you when the time is right. It's a very....sensitive topic for me."

"Mason, we're planning a wedding, I'm heavily pregnant, and I've met every single member of your family, except for those two. What's really going on?"

"Listen love, all will be revealed, trust me...please."

"Alright. I understand." His response was merely a slight squeeze of my thigh.

¶¶¶¶¶¶

Rose's P.O.V (Remember? Zara's Mom?)

I thought long and hard about what Zara said to me. After all I've done for her? Clothed her, fed her, and made sure she had a roof over her head? That little ungrateful brat. Sure, I've made my fair share of mistakes, one of them was marrying my unemployed bum of a husband Julius. He tricked me thinking that he has a fleet of luxury cars, as well as having cooked for the president. All of that changed as soon as I made the grim mistake of inviting him to move in with us. Money became tight, and suddenly it became hard to even do anything around the house anymore.

' I'll never depend on a woman...'
' I'm not gonna fight with a woman who doesn't even have a degree....'
' Why don't you ever challenge me? Everything is always easy with you....'

Sure, it hurt. But I stayed. Stayed because I was secretly lonely inside. I wanted to be loved, even if it turned out to be the worst idea ever. I can't divorce him, I just can't. If I go ahead with the divorce, I lose everything ....the house, the furniture, my pension funds, because he doesn't work.

I'm sitting on my hotel bed rethinking about the deal I struck with Chrissy yesterday.

~Flashback~

"Listen Rose, you want something, and so do I. Your so called daughter is fucking up my life!!"

I watched her pace around the room like a madman.

"What do you mean Chrissy? I thought you mended your issues."

"Are you crazy?! I didn't do that for 'us' !! I just want her to suffer. She's always had it easy!!! She was the prettiest, the smartest, heck...she even got into the best universities, all of that without even trying!!! I thought having Scott for myself would be enough but ....I want everything. Her life, her business, even that man of hers!!!!"

"I can't do that dear."

She stopped pacing and gave me the dirtiest look I had ever seen.

"What did you say?"

Clearing my throat, I approached her.
"She is still my daughter, and if she finds out that I was the reason behind her downfall, she would kill me.... literally. And besides, we only agreed on sending the letters. That's it -"

"Plans have changed. I'm bringing her down and you're coming with me. And besides.....you're the one who helped me win Scott in the first place."

~End of Flashback.~

I made a terrible mistake. I need to make things right.

¶¶¶¶¶¶

Women who glamourise pregnancy deserve to be sued!!!! This is sooooo hard moving around with a 5 pound baby on you really tires you out.

*Knock knock*

" i'm coming."

And just like that appears the person who can spoil  my mood instantly.
"What are you doing here?" A bored expression on my face.

"I just came to tell you that I'm flying back home tonight. And I wanted to say.....be careful."

"Be careful, of what?"

"No time to explain....just take this warning seriously please, I'm in no mood to argue with you seeing that it could be bad for ....the baby. "

I glanced down at my potruding belly, having totally forgot that she didn't know.

"Yeah, thanks I guess. Is there anything else?"

"C-" taking a moment to put her words together, she started again, "be a much better mom than me. Take care of it, make sure it's always safe, and I love you."

Slightly taken back, I thanked her and watched her get into her cab and leave.
She may be bad news, but I decide to not take her warning lightly, and locked my doors and closed all my windows.