Chapter 3

I hear shouting. I expect it to stop after a few minutes but it continues. I hear multiple voices now. They're interrupting my sleep. I begrudgingly open my eyes and I squint, wiping the sleep away from my eyes. I'm laying on my back and I see a white ceiling but I know I'm not in my room.

I'm in Jay's.

A smile makes it's way across my face as I remember the night before.

Suddenly I feel a movement in my lower abdomen. The feeling makes me jump and my heart leaps in my throat. What the hell was that?

It felt like a tiny wave, like something moving inside me. I glance at my stomach and my eyes nearly bulge out of my sockets. My throat is dry and I don't know what to do.

I push the blanket aside and pull up my sweater. My stomach is stretched and round in the form of a baby bump. "This can't be possible." I whisper. I can't stop staring at the bump. Am I dreaming? I have to be dreaming. There's no way this is possible. I hear a grunt beside me and I see Jay laying with his back toward me.

He moves slightly before he rubs his eyes. I pull my sweater down and nearly pull the blanket back over me. There's no way I can hide this bump from him anyway.

He sits up and I stare at him. He looks the same but... older. His dreads are longer and he still has his lip rings. His lashes seem longer and his features more chiseled. He looks at me and his eyes widen for a brief moment.

"Darcy, hey, you changed." He says in confusion as he studies my face. "Are we dreaming?" Is all I can manage to ask. I finally take a look around the room. There's hardly anything here. The walls are painted a dark brown. There's a cupboard right in front of us and a desk with a lamp light on either side of us. The room looks dull and nothing like Jay's room at all.

"Where are we?" I ask and Jay tears his gaze away from me to look around. "I don't know."

I hear the shouting again and I see a window on the left side. "I can't find my phone. Do you have yours?" He asks me. I look at the desk but it's empty. I touch the sides of my thighs but there are no pockets on my pants. "Wait, woah, your... are you?"

He's looking at my stomach. "I am. I don't know how. I swear, just yesterday we were out on a date and I slept at your house and now..." I'm rambling and the situation dawns on me.

I'm pregnant and Jay looks older. Did we time travel or something? That has to be the reason.

I look at him again to find him looking at me. None of us say anything. Jay gets up and walks over to the window. I feel another wave in my abdomen, a fluttering feeling. My mind wants my hand to rub my stomach but I force myself not to.

This is too much to take in. "I have no idea where we are." Mutters Jay as he looks outside. "There are people arguing." I swing my legs out of the bed and struggle a bit to get up. The bump is big but I have no idea how far along I am.

I stand next to him at the window and see a group of people shouting at each other. There's not much to see outside anyway. There are no other houses, just a bland piece of land and a few trees. I can't seem to see anything in the distance either.

Jay puts his head in his hands. "What the hell happened? How are we here? Where are we?" I open my mouth to answer but close it. What can I say? I'm just as confused as he is and maybe a little scared. I look back down at the bump and look around the room again. "Maybe those people can help us." I say gesturing to the people outside. Jay looks at me. "From the way they're arguing, I'd say they're just as confused as we are."

My feet start to ache so I sit down on the bed. This bump isn't making it easier. And who is the father? I look at Jay. I woke up next to him. Could he be the father? Or did I wake up next to him because of last night? All those thoughts keep running through my head and it's making me feel sick. So sick, that I feel like I need to puke.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, counting to ten.

It's okay Darcy. You'll figure everything out.

Jay sits down next to me and his arm wraps around my shoulders. I look at him. "You okay?"

"I honestly don't know."

"It must be hard, waking up and finding..." He gestures to my bump. "Yeah. I don't even know who the dad is." He looks at me. "I think you do." I stare at him in confusion until my brain connects the dots. "Yours?" He nods sheepishly. "I can't explain it. I just have this feeling it's mine." I genuinely don't know how to feel in this moment. If we weren't in this situation, I'd be over the moon but I'm only eighteen. Well, I think I am now. But I know I'm in no condition to raise a baby. Even if it is with the hottest guy alive.

I feel tears spring to my eyes and I wipe my eyes quickly to avoid them from falling. "Maybe we should go out there. See what's going on."

"Are you sure? What if they're dangerous?" The people are still arguing. It sounds like chaos down there. "Well if we wanna know what's going on, they're our best bet." I take a deep breath. "Alright."