09.

The chaotic life of the lycan luna, witch and lover.

River.

"What are you doing?" Julian growled as he looked at his former betrothed bride, I wonder what sort of sales pitch had they given her to want to be Julian's mate that much, was it money, power or superiority over everyone else, I truly didn't understand, but what I did understand was that she was aiming a gun at me. "Julian, you were supposed to love me, remember, me, but he got in the way, with his magic, and his persuasion, everyone just has to love him, even I can't aim a gun at him, he's so beautiful and powerful, I can't do that, so if I can't have you, I will just deprive him of you." She rambled on as she finally removed the safety on the gun again. All of it was to happen before my eyes, watch the man I love get shot, I couldn't let it.

So I reached out with my magic and delve into the threads, when I found hers, I opened myself to see her fate, what she would do next, and as I predicted, she would take the shot, so I pulled away and released my magic. "Doltera." I summoned a rock wall to protect Julian. "Dimihter." I cast my second spell throwing her to the wall before she could shoot, once she was immobilized by the wall, the lycan guards hurriedly detained her. "You'll pay for this, I won't be discarded, I won't be humiliated!" Kara yelled as she she struggled but was eventually dragged off. I clenched my fist releasing the spell I had cast, the wall sliding back down into the floor. "Like I said, protects, everyone our luna." Elder Errin had quickly taken control of the situation and I was glad because awkward silences weren't my best form, everyone cheered and clapped, some chanting luna, I looked up to meet alpha Khan's eyes. "Thank you." He whispered and I nodded with a smile toward him.

"Ah, my hero." Julian teased and I pecked his lips, before sidestepping him and going back to my seat, he was left confused, everyone was laughing at our antics.  "You alright?" Riley questions as he hands me another glass of wine, where he got it, no idea, but I tried to drink it, the moment it got to my lips, it tasted like poison, I set it aside and he quirked a brow. "Will explain later." I mumbled and he nodded, the rest of the tribunal's meeting went smoothly. As an alpha from a neighbouring wolf pack presented his problem to the tribunal. "Our plants are dying, the soil seems to be drained of nutrients, every time any pack member or family chooses to do simple gardening it seems they can't because the soil is losing fertility, the livestock we've kept, we've had to transfer it off our territory because it was being drained aswell, we would like assistance in finding the problem." He explained and the problem seemed familiar as I looked to Riley who nodded to me.

I nodded back and he stood up. "Do you have an unusual tree in your pack lands, dark cherry leaves, it grows at a faster rate than normal?" He asked and the alpha nodded. "Its called land killer, it is as beautiful as it is deadly, why would you plant it in your lands?" He further questions. "We didn't, it grew on its own, we were mesmerized by it's beauty." The alpha replied. "I understand, but alpha, if you don't get back to your pack as soon as you can and cut it down, it will start draining the wolves of your pack, then reproduce, cut it down, and burn it down, dig down into its roots and find a way to uproot the largest one, and cut it down, burn it aswell." Riley replied the man who seemed to be frozen in shock. "How do you know all this, Riley dear." Elder Errin asked. "My family keeps records of deadly magical plants, and if you remember elder, three years ago we had a similar problem but we dealt with it quicker." He explained further and the lycans were impressed.

"Thank you." The alpha stated again before hastily walking out of the hall. Another alpha stood up, rather two who didn't look happy with one another. "Our boaders are infested with rogues, there is a human town in the middle aswell, to hunt them down we could reveal our secret, letting them thrive there has also caused problems since we both needed to expand, we've ended up expanding into each other's territory." The two men explained toward the tribunal, who were all silent, I grabbed Chad's phone and saw who they were and shoved it to Riley. "Help them, please." I told him and he glared at me before sighing. "Offer them an olive branch, expand your territories to include the human town, you'll find that some of the mates for your children might be found there." He stated standing up and everyone was surprised to see him offer a solution.

"You're not seriously suggesting we trust rogues." One of the alphas argued. "What have you to lose, rogues are no different from homeless humans, all they need is the right olive branch so that they can be part of a pack, most rogues, were kicked out by alphas too arrogant to see that all wolves are equal, others have fled tyrants, others have had their hearts broken to a point where they can't stand being part of a pack so they run, and become what they are, you see them through glass, from afar, take your wolves, and truly walk amongst them and you'll find that most of them are worth saving, but be wary, some chose their nature, they canmot all be redeemed, those you may kill but those who can be saved, why not try save them." Riley explained as I stood up with everyone in tow and clapped, he was wise, and I was proud to be his brother.

"So wise, yet still so young, thank you Riley." One of the alphas addressed Riley who nodded toward them in appreciation, when everyone else was settled more matters came foward, I gave my advice as well as Riley, I'm sure this would show Zaya's father, that Riley was worthy of his daughter, he was the best thing for her, if he couldn't then I didn't know what else the warrior wanted. "Everyone thank you for convening today, we thank all those who have helped the other packs solve their predicaments and given insight to some of us who attended." Alpha Khan stated with a glint in his eyes, I hope he was proud. "Enjoy the refreshments, the food is plenty as well, thank you again." He added just as everyone turned to make conversation with their peers.

"You guys are awesome." Chad cheered as we made our way toward the food. "We barely hang out River, and we haven't practised together in a while too, don't tell me you've replaced me." Chad spoke feigning being distraught and I laughed along with Riley. "Never darling, I've been busy as you can see." I told him and he nodded, we were stopped by a group of lycans who wanted to congradulate me and meet the rest of my family and friend. "If I had known you were going to be luna, I'd have bought you a cake, just to devour all on your own." Chad stated and the mention of it had me craving it. "You could still order me one, I do have a bakery." I offered as the three of us laughed and got our food. "I willl do that." He assured as Kirk hugged him from behind. "Hey gorgeous." He whispered in his ear but we could still hear it, as they were in their own little bubble fate unfolded.

Bodies lay on the rubble, wolves and lycans alike dead, crushed and unrecognizable. "Julian!" I screamed as he pushed a large rock off him. "River!" He screamed back but I couldn't move, if I did the wall and ceiling would fall, my magic was all that was keeping us safe. "Dad, no!" I heard a girl yell as wails and pained grunts echoed all around me. "River, focus." Riley shook me back into reality. "We need to get out —"

The vision faded away, as it came into being. "River—River!" Riley yelled as he anchored me back to reality. I knew the explosion was to happen in less than eight minutes, if people panicked, it would come early. "Riley, Kirk, tell everyone through the link to get out of the hall now, they shouldn't panic but quickly." I told the two who wavered. "Now!" I hissed and they nodded  their eyes immediately glossing over. I let my magic flow freely out of me, it manifested in the form of white light with floating crystal flakes, it detached itself into several vines, attaching itself to wolves in the room who immediately left what they were doing and began walking out hastily. "Four minutes." Chad whispered as he got into action helping kids and the elderly out of the hall. "The upper floors are clear, the South, east, and north wings as well, we're the only ones left." Riley informed, as Chad showed up where we were with a crying child in his arms.

"A minute." It was too late to run. "Everyone around me now." I ordered and they huddled around. "Ptotego varturo loregno saltis." I cast the spell creating several barriers around us, furthermore five pentagrams appeared rotating around us, creating another layer of protection just as the hall, and the rest of the building was engulfed in an explosion that decimated everything. "Hold on!" I grunted out just the fire reached us and I released my last defence.

+++

Saint_Jay