19.

Here we Go Again.

River.

All good things must come to an end, I don't believe in that, I believe that the good comes with the bad and you have to accept that, in life you'll be tested, provoked, intimidated and put down, laying down and just letting it happen will not help anyone though, in order to preseve the good, you must fight for it and keep fighting for it. I sighed wanting to take a break, I had not rested, since the day Julian got his title and everyone else assumed their new positions in the pack. "Bye luna River!" The children I was with yelled before running back to the suburbia that was the Forester Pack, I had been teaching them about the first shift, how to handle it, what to expect after and the occasional late shift, or what they all dread, not shifting at all, it was a topic I tabled for a later day.

Julian was out of town for a week, he had business meetings, three meetings with two different packs and a treaty signing, you may wonder how I know, I had been the one handling his schedule so that he wouldn't mess it up, his organizational skill was horrible so I had to help. This also meant the day to day of the pack fell on Kirk, who literally needed the 101 of managing his own time, between school, pack and love life, I was dreading getting involved but soon it would fall on me to intervene, so I lessened the load before he imploded on his own. "Good afternoon luna." I'm greeted by the pack's almost chief doctor, Clarke's mother hadn't stepped down yet, she still thought Clarke needed a bit more training and an actual certificate, I was highly amused.

"Clarke." I replied as he began walking by my side. "I know you and I have barely made that much conversation over the years, and that's my fault, I know that, but I would like to rectify that, I realized I need to be more open with you, my mother made me realize I've been too passive with possibly the most skilled healer in the pack—." He paused in his explanation and I chuckled. Finally he was coming around. "I know you have your reasons, that's okay, we can start now, tell me how I can help." I replied and his lips stretched into a grateful smile, he pulled out his tablet and on the screen was a patient file, as I read it I realized why he was unable to treat the patient successfully.

"You treat him, he comes back again with the same affliction, and not only him there are now multiple others with the same problem?" I exclaimed with a question and he nodded right then. "Can you get a sample of blood, or the infection when it finds a host, when you get it bring it to me, if you can't find me, give it to Riley or Chad, I will do a magical analysis on it and should have a proper diagnosis of what's going on, for now I'd suggest you investigate where these people live, what do they eat, what sort of environment do they live in, check everything, that's how you find the source of the pathogen that's causing the infection, with lycans I'd start with meat." I explained everything and relief seemed to flood his features. "Oh my Goddess, you're a genius, thank you." I nodded to his praise as he said his goodbye and left speed walking to the make shift pack infirmary, the medical centre I had commissioned to be built with its eight floors was almost complete and soon it would open it's doors to the pack.

I waved at more pack members as I made my way toward my house, as I was passing by the training grounds I was pelted down by Riley's frantic emotions, he was scared most of all, then angry, confused, it all came down on me as I opened myself fully through our bond. "River, I can't find her, I can't find Zaya." He panicked and I couldn't calm him down all I could do was try help him. "Where are you?" I demanded and a loud howl echoed in the pack, I wasn't the only one who was stunned, the pack members who were training also stopped and looked to me, I didn't wait to answer their questions just allowed my magic to take me to my brother, I shot up into the sky and flew directly to where he was, below lycans and wolves had also shifted and followed my direction from the ground, I increased my speed as Riley called out for me. "She's hurting River." He whimpered as I found him with Brent and his father, my brother's father in law.