Chapter 5: Finding Sisudatu

——————————🐉——————————

TAIL

6 Years Later

Ray and (Y/n) were riding through the desert on top of Tuk Tuk. They both had cloths that covered their mouths and noses, along with hats. (Y/n) had her arms wrapped around Ray's waist and on her hand she still had her dragon ring on. As they rode through the desert, they saw silhouettes of people in the distance. They pulled out their swords and prepared for a possible attack, but as they got closer, they realized they were stone and researched their swords and kept going.

Eventually, they stopped and Ray knocked twice on Tuk Tuk's shell and he emerged. Ray and (Y/n) pulled down their masks and looked out to the horizon and saw a small canyon that had a tiny river flowing in it that lead to a ship wreck. Ray took out a scroll that was a map of the dragon shaped rivers. The ends of all the rivers were marked with Xs except this one.

Ray let out a sigh. "Please let this be it." Ray said quietly.

"I'm sure it will be." (Y/n) reassured him.

"But what if it's not? What if we don't find her?" Ray expressed his concern.

"Well, we'll just have to collect the gem pieces and save the world ourselves. That shouldn't be too hard right?" She joked, trying to cheer him up.

It worked and Ray chuckled. "You're ridiculous."

"You know you love me." She retorted.

Ray's face became warmer. If only she knew how right she was. He turned around and looked into her eyes.

"What?" She asked.

Ray didn't respond and started leaning towards her. (Y/n) noticed he was coming closer and her heart fluttered excitedly, when suddenly Tuk Tuk shifted and instead of connecting lips, they connected foreheads.

(Y/n) laughed, trying to rub the pain from her forehead and the blush on her face.

"Woah! What are you doing you big fur bug?" She chuckled, not noticing the scowl on Ray's face from being interrupted.

Tuk Tuk had gotten distracted by a small lizard the was running along the ground.

"Hey, buddy, focus. Eyes forward, Tuk Tuk." Ray said, his tone held a hint of annoyance.

Tuk Tuk stopped chasing the lizard and faced forward.

"Good boy. You're so easily distracted." Ray mused.

Suddenly, a Druun shot up from the ground throwing all of them back into the ground. Ray was tossed farther than (Y/n) and when he looked up, saw the Druun heading towards her as she tried to crawl away from it.

"(Y/n)! NO!" Ray screamed

(Y/n) noticed Ray's bag a few feet in front of her that had the gem piece and rushed towards it. She grabbed it and held up the gem piece, scaring the Druun away.

(Y/n) panted heavily before she was immediately pulled towards Ray who grabbed her cheeks in his hands.

"Are you alright?! Are you hurt?! Anything broken?! How many fingers am I holding up?!" Ray bombarded her with questions.