Chapter 8: Talon Gem

——————————🐉——————————

TALON

"Wow! What a smart way to Druun-proof your house. Build right on the water. People of Talon are geniuses." Sisu commented.

"Yeah, Talon may look nice, but it's a hotspot for pickpockets and con artists." Ray explained.

"Lucky for me. Empty pockets!"

"Okay, so here's the good news, we know where the gem piece is." (Y/n) said.

"The bad news, it's being held by the notorious Chief of Talon, Dang Hai. What Dang Hai lacks in style, he makes up for in mean." Ray explained.

"Gotcha. Now, we're just gonna have to turn up the charm. Let's go get him a gift." Sisu was about to happily make her way off the boat when Ray and (Y/n) stopped her.

"Sisu, I think maybe it's safer if you stay on the boat." (Y/n) suggested. "Without you, we can't put the gem back together."

"But, I wanna help." Sisu argued.

"I know and you will. By staying safe. We'll be back before you know it." Ray reassured.

"If you see any hungry faces, send 'em my way." Boun called after them.

"You got it captain." (Y/n) replied.

Ray wrapped his arm around her waist and they both headed into the crowd.

...

Talon's market was bustling with shoppers and merchants. Ray, (Y/n) and Tuk Tuk had a bit of a hard time maneuvering through the crowd. They passed by a trio of Ongi's who eyed them with smug smiles.

"Alright, there's Dang Hai's house." Ray announced. "No detours till we score that Dragon Gem."

Suddenly, they heard crying. In an alley, a baby was sitting on the ground wailing.

"Woah, what in the..."

The baby made grabby hands towards the two and started whimpering.

(Y/n) turned to Ray and pouted. Her eyes begging for them to help her.

Ray sighed, "Oh...okay..." He really couldn't say no to her.

She squealed happily and kissed his cheek in thanks. She rushed over towards the baby and picked her up.

"Hello little one." She cooed. "Are you lost?"

Ray smiled a little. (Y/n) would make a very good mother. Ray suddenly shook his head and blushed at those thoughts.

"Well, we should probably find her parents!" He cut in. "Hey, who's baby is-." Ray turned around and froze when he saw three Ongis stealing the gem pieces they had.

"What? Ongis? Drop 'em!" He shouted.

The baby tugged (Y/n)'s hat down and kicked Ray in the chest, knocking them to the ground. She threw dirt at both of them before running off with the Ongis.