sallys

blue

my hair needed to get re-dyed ASAP. the red in my hair was just fading away into a pinkish orange color and i hated it. i was planing on forcing cole to help me dye it, but she had an exam tomorrow. jasmine couldn't do it either, she was working on this big animation movie.

"if i were you, i wouldn't change my hair." i said to the girl next to me picking out a color for herself, just like i was.

"i wouldn't say the same to you, that other side of your hair looks crusty as fuck." she chuckled. "and for the record i hate the color blue, i don't know how it ended up on my head."

"shit, were you drunk when you dyed it?" i picked a good red color.

"oh hell no, i don't drink. i'm just stupid and i make impulsive decisions that i later regret." she shook her head on herself. "you know what? imma just dye it black."

"black!?" i widend my eyes.

"what? do you think it'll look bad?" she raised an eyebrow.

"oh no, you could pull off any color. what i'm saying is, it's really hard to get black box dye out of your hair. you sure you want to do that?" i said.

"yes" she replied with out even thinking about it. "my hair stylist would kill me though." she bit her lip, contemplating her decision.

"sounds like a you problem, i haven't went to the hair salon since i was... 9 years old? i'm the one that dyes my hair and i force my sister to help me. it'll probably backfire, but until that day comes, i'm not stepping a foot in a salon." i said.

"how many hair colors have you had?" she raised her brow again.

"oh god, i don't know." i laughed. "uhhh... let's see. i had blond front pieces for a while, the red side of my hair used to be blonde, then grey, then lavender, now red. oh yeah, and i did the raccoon strips in my hair, that didn't last long. over all i had a shit tone of hair colors and the red and black spilt dye has lasted the longest with a wapping year and a half." i answered.

"damn." she widend her eyes. "i'm surprised my hair hasn't fallen out, now i'm surprised yours hasn't."

"why? list off the shit you did to your hair."

"ironically the first thing i did to my hair was split dye it. i had blonde hair, so i dyed the other side lavender. that was like, when i was...9? 11? i don't know. then i had this silver white hair for so long. that did a lot of damage to my hair, i had to keep going in and getting it retouched, shit was a painnnn. but then i had black hair and green roots which lasted for a while, then blue hair and now changing it to black." she listed.

"there's no difference between the both of us, shut up. i'm no worse than you are." i rolled my eyes.

i took the same brand that i always use in the shade red and made my way to the register. there were two people in-front of me which gave time for the blue haired girl to catch up and stand in line behind me.

"are you dying your hair by yourself?" i asked.

"yup"

"bad i idea, black hair dye gets EVERYWHERE. and by everywhere i mean everywhere. you should have your mom do it for you or something."