Chapter 5: A Recovery

A little more happened and Sanemi stabbed the demon with his sword. It was quite chaotic until Oyakata-sama (Master Kagaya) arrived. The trial was quite interesting to hear and watch and the boy even headbutted Sanemi and his nose started bleeding. When he was about to leave to the Butterfly estate (which Shinobu offered) with the kakushi he ran back to ask to headbutt Sanemi as many times as he stabbed the demon. Muichiro threw some rocks at him and knocked him out. The hashira meeting started after that. Oyakata-sama's voice is so peaceful and calm. I wish him his best health! This ranked Kanoe demon slayer of the name Murata was summoned to give his report on the Natagumo incident. He seemed very nervous, but good enough to tell what happened. Most Mizunoto ranked demon slayers were killed and some didn't even do what they were tasked with. Sometimes I even wonder just how some people become demon slayers in the first place.

After all that I walked back to the Butterfly estate with Shinobu. 

"So.....y/n... I see you're getting along with Muichiro huh?" Shinobu said while smiling.

"Oh yeah right him.... yeah," I said while blushing.

"Hmmmm... I see.... you like him!" she said.

"What? No I don't!"

"Sure you do! Anyways, you're gonna share a room with 3 other people and you're gonna do rehabilitation training with them!" Shinobu said.

"Oh ok!" A few more minutes passed and we were at the estate. 

"Oh wow your estate is very nice!" I said.

"Ara ara! Thanks y/n!" she said. We walked inside and got to the dorms. And I saw 3 other boys, and I think there was one more person that looked very familiar. Looked like Murata but I don't remember. As expected for my bad memory.

"Konnichiwa" Shinobu said.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HASHIRAS! KOCHO-SAMA! Y/N-SAMA!"

"Konnichiwa" Shinobu said.

"Uh.. hi. BYE!" and he left in an instant.

"Ara ara! Sayonara!" Shinobu said cheerfully.

"Well that was uhh weird I guess," I said.

"How's your recovery coming along everyone?" Shinobu said. The red haired boy said they're all fine now.

"Ah, now. Y/n-chan, these are the people you will do rehabilitation training with! This is Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira," Shinobu said. As always, I get nervous when meeting new people and is very shy. So I just waved at them with no expression.

"Ah, I know you! You're that new Hashira aren't you! My name's Tanjiro what's yours!" Tanjiro said. I just simply stood there not knowing what to do.

"Uhhhhh.... it's.... Rengoku y/n," I said clenching my fist.

"Cool name! Can I call you y/n?" Tanjiro asked.

"Uhhh... sure I guess."

"Y/N-CHAN MARRY MEEEEEEE!" Zenitsu said.

"What the hell." I said.

"ZENITSU NO GO FOR MY SISTER!" Tanjiro said.

"SO I CAN MARRY NEZUKO-CHAN NOW!?"

"NO!"

(Two weeks later)

"Ara ara! Let's start rehabilitation training now shall we?" Shinobu said.

"Hai!" We all said except for the Inosuke person or whatever his name was. Tanjiro, Inosuke and Shinobu went out the room but Aoi, Zenitsu and I were still here.

"You aren't gonna start rehabili- whatever stuff yet Zenitsu?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm the most severely injured. But I'm gonna start soon I guess. BE MY GIRLFRIEND Y/N! I'LL MAKE YOU HAPPY EVERY SINGLE DAY!" he said.

"No thanks I'm fine being alone and single. Hey thanks for tending to me while Shinobu was away Aoi when I first got here," I said.

"No problem! Even though you keep saying it! You should go now!" she said.

"Arigato Aoi-chan!" then I ran out the room to find the others.

"I'M HERE," I said taking a few breaths.

"Good."

"Mui-kun?"

"Hey y/n. Short or... long time......no see," he said.

"You two know each other?" Tanjiro asked.

"Yeah. We're both hashiras. Mist hashira - Tokito Muichiro. I'm only doing this because Aoi is a little busy today so she asked me to cover for her and I agreed because I had nothing better to do so here I am," Muichiro said.

"FIGHT ME W/N! (wrong name)" Inosuke shouted.

"What. The. Hell. The answer is no." I said. Muichiro then explained the rules and basically overall who is doing who. He said he's holding back a lot because he's a hashira but not as much for me but still holding back. Then we started. Kiyo, Sumi and Naho started to stretch ourselves or whatever. It was kinda painful. Tanjiro and Inosuke found it quite painful too. Then we did the cup game thingy. Tanjiro and Inosuke couldn't hold down Muichiro and Kanao's cup. I could but not really to Muichiro.

"Aaa you won again!" I said.

"Don't worry y/n I promise you will win soon! Just more practice!" Muichiro smiled. He looks so cute and kind when he smiles. I barely see him smile at anyone at all, am I really that special to him? Also we played tag. The others again weren't that successful. But they keep trying. I can almost see their determination as raging fire surrounding their bodies. They do seem very exhausted though. But I hope they succeed soon. Running is tiring. After all that ended I was about to head out and go to the dorms to have a nap because I was tired but Muichiro talked to me.

"Hey" he said.

"Oh hey"

"Uhhh... I just wanted to say.. you did good today. Also uhh... I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Would you uhh... meet me at that one garden with the huge pond with a bridge leading to a cherry blossom tree tomorrow at midnight? With a lot of wisteria? Near the Ubuyashiki mansion?" he asked while blushing. And I started to blush too. Was he asking me out on a date? No this can't be a date... we met a few days ago...

"Oh sure!"

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow y/n" he said while leaving. And he left in an instant. My heart started to flutter. My mind went astray to thinking of him even asking me this. Get a hold of yourself y/n! I feel kinda... loved and cared for.... I... like it. I've never felt this way before. Is it called... love?