Chapter 9: The Butterfly Sisters

(y/n's pov)

I saw Tanjiro come back in the room, holding Kanao's hand - Kanao looking confused but also a tint of pink across her face. Kiyo also came back with Aoi with some medicine. Finally, three crows swooped in through the windows. "Here's your medicine y/n-san, but also, where did you go! You randomly disappeared without telling anyone! Explain!"

"Thanks Aoi.... but sorry, for not telling anyone that I had to leave this place very urgently, and was unable to tell anyone. I left for a mission against a powerful demon. Mission completed successfully. I have a few injuries here and there, but nothing too major. I'm fine". I said while sipping the weirdly tasting medicine.

"Phew, that sounds good to hear" Aoi said, "don't do that again ok! Y- you're my friend right?" 

"Yeah, I am," I said.

"Well, um.. this is an opportunity I'm not good at but.... could we be best friends?"

"Yes! I can barely make any friends myself, so I'm very lucky to have you Aoi!"

We made the letters for Zenitsu, Inosuke and Shinobu, bid the crows goodbye and waited for their return. Zenitsu made it back first.

"AAAAAAAAA Y/N-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!! YOU OKAY?!" Zenitsu screamed.

"Here's a little advice - stop being so damn loud we're in a hashira's home and you're talking to a hashira yourself. And if you want a girl to like you, stop being so clingy, and possibly some other things. And yes, I'm fine," I sighed, "go find your nEzUKo-cHaN if you want some love so badly".

"NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZUKOOOOOOOOOO-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Zenitsu ran to Nezuko's room.

Then Inosuke made it here.

"HELLO MY FELLOW MINIONS!! DID I GET HERE FIRST?! I'M HUNGRYYYYY!!"

"No sorry Inosuke, Zenitsu got here first," Tanjiro said, "but you'll get it next time!"

"Ok Inosuke, I'll get you some tempura," Aoi sighed.

"TEEEMPUUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" he shouted as Aoi left the room.

"Moshi mosh! Ara ara aren't we lively today!" Shinobu said with a cheerful tone as she walked in, "y/n-san, how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good thank you".

"But y/n-san........" her eye started going twitchy, "where...were...you... LAST... NIIIIGHT!!!!"

"Uhhhh....." (in your mind) oh crap she's gonna beat me to death... I can't run - she's the fastest out of all the hashiras.... be calm y/n... she's not that intimidating or scary.... you're stronger than her... and taller...

"WHEN YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING TO MITSURI'S PLACE I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD BE AN ENTIRE NIGHT AND MOST OF THE DAY!!!!! Well... you're responsible... and a hashira... and fully capable of taking yourself..... Mitsuri's responsible, but y/n-san...... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THOUGH!!" she started to take out her sword.

"DON'T KILL ME, I WAS FIGHTING A DEMON IN TOKYO!!!!" 

"You were? Oh, in that case," she put her sword back, "I'll let you off.. but next time you better tell me.... or I'm not cutting you some slack like today. I was just really worried about y/n-san!"

"Ok ok I know Shinobu-san... I know the consequences, your weird state when you get angry, how scary you can actually be, I get it, I get it Shinobu-san.."

"Good".

"You're like a big sister. Very over-protective, sometimes mean, but kind and caring to others. I like that about you".

"Ara ara, thanks y/n-san! Well.. I do suppose myself as a big sister figure to practically everyone here! You, Kanao, Aoi, Sumi, Kiyo, Naho, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke... everyone!"

(Shinobu's pov in her mind)

Big sister.... sister..... Kanae..... I miss you so much it makes my heart ache... but I cannot chain myself to the past... I must stay focused on my duty to the Demon Slayer Corps, Oyakata-sama, my position as the Insect Hashira, everyone... and fulfilling your dream of making friends with demons... I wish you could be here with me right now...

(y/n's pov)

"Sh-shinobu-san.... are you okay?" I asked worriedly as her eyes started filling up with tears.

"B-big... sister...." she mumbled.

"Are you okay Shinobu-san?" Tanjiro said.

"WHY ARE YOU GUYS ASKING IF SHUMODU IS OK SHE LOOKS FINE!" Inosuke shouted.

"Shhhhhhhhhh....." Tanjiro said.

"Hah... WHY ARE WE BEING QUIET!?" Inosuke shouted.

"Just be quiet Inosuke... for now... actually why don't you go see Aoi to eat your tempura she's making for you?" I said.

"OK!" he dashed out the room.

"Oh wow it worked... anyways, Shinobu-san, are you doing ok?"

"Nee-san.... nee-san..... nee-san.... you had to die, didn't you.... you had to... YOU HAD TO! KANAE! DON'T LEAVE ME KANAE! Nee-san.... I could never replace you...you were too amazing... and perfect...." she cried out. Kanao started to cry a little too and she hugged Shinobu.

"Ka..na..e.......nee-san.... Ka-na-e....." Kanao cried as she held on to her butterfly hairpin.

"K-kanao-san! Don't cry!" Tanjiro said.

"Shinobu-san...... Kanao-san... it's going to be ok... we all know how you feel. Everyone in this room has lost someone important to them, and we try to hide our sadness and guilt with acting like everything is okay and doing the best we can do".

"We make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else in this dark world so they don't end up feeling alone and having nowhere to go. Our jobs strive on revenge and justice. I suppose you want to avenge Kanae, Shinobu-san. We all have the sadness plunged deeply into our scarred hearts, covered by warming smiles. But fear not, Kanao-san, Shinobu-san," Tanjiro said.

"Because everyone is looking out for you, and everyone cares about you. I'd like you to see the depth of happiness everyone can have and experience deep inside. Even if I can't show my emotions properly, but they're coming back. Even though she may be gone, she watches you both from the heavens".

"Thank... you.. y/n-san... Tanjiro-san," Kanao and Shinobu said wiping their tears away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oH MaH ArChON this took me quite some time to figure out what to do here but helloooo i'm back with a new chapter. i may have escalated everything at the start but i will fix that in future

I CAN'T WAIT FOR XIAO'S RERUN BANNER!!!! AND KUKI, HEIZOU AND YELAN i passed the ascension quest quite a long time ago ty xiangling but now.... SIGNORA AND AZHDAHA- yep here we go again with the suffering :)

anyways have a good day/night hope you enjoyed!

Rosaria would do this ngl i found it on pinterest 

hello everyone this is me a few days after i published this chapter and i'm just here to say don't expect to see another update soon bc of end of year exams, i hope you understand

hello everyone this is me a few days after i published this chapter and i'm just here to say don't expect to see another update soon bc of end of year exams, i hope you understand. anyways i also finished fighting azhdaha thanks to geo daddy 

have a good day/night again!