7

"I LOVE all of you with all my heart. Your mom and I are only meant to be your parents, we're not meant to be together anymore," I recite what I'm going to say to my son, as I look at myself in the mirror.

I'm frustrated that Mary now knows about my abortion. Thinking about it always makes me emotional. It's been almost thirty years, yet it's as though it was yesterday. That baby hasn't left my mind, even with so many years gone.

What would it be like to have five kids instead of four? Would it be amazing to have another one? I sigh. I regret it everyday, even though I probably would have done the same thing a second time around.

When I hear a knock on my bedroom door, I'm startled. I assume that it's Mary, since she texted me about bringing up something for me to eat.

Swinging the door open, my breath is caught inside of my throat, "I just wanted to check on you," I really need to give my daughter a piece of my mind. How else would Bethany know which room I'm in? Oh... right. Bethany's been here before—naked and giving me some of the best orgasms of my life.

"I'm fine. Just a headache," I stand awkwardly by the door, contemplating whether to allow her in or not. My cheeks are red by now, and I can't hold eye contact with her.

Bethany says, "since we're just two people, without a complicated past... I'd love to work on the show," I'm not too surprised, but I'm also disappointed. It means that we can't be anything more than professional with each other, and that makes me sad.

"That's great. I'm so happy that you finally came around," I smile brightly for her, not wanting to reflect the pain inside of my heart.

"I'm leaving now. Blue's been having a blast with your daughters. I'm sure he's going to cry on the way out," I nibble on my bottom lip, "have a good night, Xiomara. Contact me whenever," contact? That sounds so formal. Ugh. I feel like I'm going to fall flat on my face soon.

"Bye," she heads towards the stairs, and I close my bedroom door. Leaning against the door, I close my eyes, and feel them welling up. I'm so emotional for no reason at all.

"Just breathe," I whisper, as my chest begins to heave. This day has turned into one of my most emotional birthdays in a while.