25

"LOOK, GRANDMA'S here," Jane whispers, as she cradles the baby in her arms.

"He's asleep?" She shakes her head, and places him into his crib. His body curls, before he pulls on his blanket, squeezing it against his chest.

"I just fed him. He'll fall asleep soon," I admire his cute ducky onesie, and immediately think of Blue. Blue would look so cute in one of those, but he's too old for it now.

"How's everything?" I ask. We walk over to the sofa in the room, and she sighs. She looks so exhausted.

"I didn't know kids would be such a pain," she places her hand over her mouth, as she yawns.

"You should try dealing with one for almost twenty-six years," she pouts and leans back, sighing and breathing in.

"I won't even say my smart comeback to that. I'm so fucking tired," she bites down on her bottom lip, and looks at me apologetically for swearing.

"Comeback, huh? Like how you're two months older than my girlfriend?" She shimmies her shoulders, and looks at me, a wide grin on her face.

"Actually, I was going to say that you robbed the cradle," I gasp and smack her arm.

"She's not that young!" I mutter, not wanting to wake Alexander.

"Yeah, I'm so old," she huffs out a breath teasingly, "I should've married a guy your age instead, huh?" My cheeks redden, and I place my hands over my face.

Removing my hands, I jut out my bottom lip, "that's not funny."

"You two okay in here?" Demetri pops his head into the room.

"Yeah, babe. Mind watching the baby for a bit? I don't think he's asleep yet."

"Sure," he walks in, and we get up, "going somewhere?" He asks.

"Just going to shower, and tell mom about how much I want to run away," she pecks him on his lips, and he grimaces.

"Don't worry. She won't find better anywhere else," I tell him. Jane glares at me.

"I won't go looking. But I'm a catch and a half."

"And I'm not?" He asks. The baby begins to cry, and his eyes widen, "my baby, Daddy's here."

He leans over the crib, and caresses Alexander's cheek, "I'm actually going to head out. It's been a long day," I tell them.

"You're going to see your girlfriend, you mean," Jane teases.

We walk out of the room, and I shrug, "that's possible," I pull her in for a hug, and kiss her cheek, "call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Yeah, in case I need an extra set of hands for diaper changes," I run my fingers through her hair, and pull it behind her shoulders.

"Even that."

ON THE drive to Bethany's place, I receive a call from Christopher, "hey, sweetheart, what's up?"

"Just checking in on you," that's so sweet of him, "have you heard from mom? She hasn't answered my calls in a few days."

My smile immediately turns into a frown. So he calls her constantly, but I only get one every blue moon. At least I actually answer.

"No, I haven't," my tone is annoyed, and surely, he notices.

"The last time I heard from her, she was going over to your place. Then I never heard back from her," I haven't seen Petah since the hospital.

"When was that?"

"Tuesday," he answers. I stop at the red light.

"Well, I was at work all day, and I crashed at Bethany's place," I have no reason to lie. It is what it is—I slept over at my girlfriend's.

"I'm sorry for bringing that up. But I have to go," he hangs up the phone, before I can get another word in.

"Typical," I place my phone on the passenger's side seat of my car, and inhale a deep breath.

When I make it to Bethany's, I'm very mentally exhausted. I just want to be wrapped in her arms, and forget about everything else but her.

"Mommy!" Blue squeals, as I enter the apartment. Bethany's eyes widen, and she places her hand over her mouth. Yeah, yeah, he calls me mommy now. Xo Xo is dead.

"Does this mean I have half custody?" I ask. She walks over, and places a kiss on my cheek.

"You'll have to take me to court first," challenge accepted. Just kidding. I could never attempt to fight for him, even though I love him so much.

I cover his cheeks with kisses, and he screams, "no more kisses!"

"I want them then," Bethany takes Blue from me, and places a kiss on my lips. I stumble back from shock, and Blue claps his hands in glee.

"You come live wis us?" Bethany looks at me and winks. Living together? Really? Shit. That's a big step.

"Not for now, buddy," she tells him. Bethany tickles his sides, "your mommy and I aren't ready for that yet."

"Okay," he slips from her arms, and runs into his room. He's getting so big already. He's not even stumbling anymore.

"Aw, he's upset," Bethany swings her arms around my neck, and places a big kiss on my lips, "is it a bad thing that he calls me that now?" I ask.

"Only if you end up breaking up with me," she places a lingering kiss on the side of my neck.

"I don't think so," I say. She pushes herself into me, and pulls on my ponytail, sending my head backward.

When she bites on my neck, I almost pass out when I hear Blue scream, "Mommy, no!" He runs over to us, and grabs Bethany's leg, "doe, don't hort her."

Bethany stumbles back, and I place my hand against my chest. Well, that's amusing, "I wasn't."

She kneels down in front of him, as he crosses his arms over his chest, "bad, Mommy," he pokes her arm, and walks over to me, stretching his arms for me to pick him up.

"I'm okay, sweetheart. Your mommy wasn't hurting me," he shakes his head, and touches the spot that Bethany faintly marked.

"You hurt," he places a kiss on his fingertips, and touches the spot.

"That's the last time I try to be kinky," Bethany huffs and fixes her bra strap. I take Blue into the kitchen, and open the fridge.

"Pancakes?"

"And eggs!" He yells. I grab the tray of eggs, and the carton of milk.

"Am I going to get some?" Bethany asks. She leans against the counter, and tilts her head to the side.

"No, timeout," he points and shifts in my arms.

"My own son turning against me," she narrows her eyes at me, and I grin widely. I give her a wink, and she rolls her eyes.

"We'll feed her, but only because we love her," I tell him.

"Okay," Blue grabs a chocolate bar from the fridge, and begins to fumble with the wrapper. I head over to the cupboard, while the wrapper buzzes in my ears.

"Let me help you with that," I take it from him, and tear the wrapper easily. He looks at me in awe, before biting down on it and nibbling, as though he's eating a carrot.

"When it comes to his etiquette, he took that from you," Bethany says.

I shrug, "you love the way I eat," her cheeks heat up, and I blow a kiss her way. It's so amazing to have the two of them in my life, even when we're all a little weird.