003.

──── chapter three

{ 🔮 }  · endora and percy look cute together

{ 🔮 }  · endora and percy look cute together . ݁ ٬٬ ࣪

ENDORA JUST realized how socially awkward Percy Jackson really is. Of course, with all the things that happened in just minutes, her own brain wouldn't register all the things. From finding out that Dr. Thorn was a monster and plummet off the edge of a cliff with Annabeth, to finding out that the twelve-year-old girl was the goddess Artemis, Endora's brain was foggy ─ and that was not just from all the conflict between the dark and light side in her mind.

But Percy's answer had to be the best, Oscar worthy, "Um. . . okay."  

Edora would have face-slapped herself if she was not leaning almost all her weight on Thalia for support.

That was nothing compared to Grover. He gasped, then knelt hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so. . . you're so. . . Wow!"

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!" 

"Whoa," Bianca di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out."

Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at all of them in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots. "Who. . . who are you people?"

Artemis's expression softened. "It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you? Who are your parents?"

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis.

"Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but. . ." she faltered. Endora guessed she could tell from their faces that they didn't believe her. "What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth."

"You are a half-blood," Zoë Nightshade said. Her accent was hard to place. It sounded old-fashioned, like she was reading from a really old book. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian. . . athlete?"

"No," Zoë said. "One of the gods."

"Cool!" said Nico.

"No!" Bianca's voice quavered. "This is not cool!"

Nico danced around like he needed to use the restroom. "Does Zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? Does he get extra movement points for ─ "

"Nico, shut up!" Bianca put her hands to her face. "This is not your stupid Mythomagic game, okay? There are no gods!"

Endora pursed her lips. She couldn't help but feel sorry for the di Angelos. No one wanted to be a demigod, to fight monsters, to be a hero. It all sounded nice, but the reality of it is much harsher. Many didn't survive. Many were killed. Many were just lost on the quests. Their world ─ the demigod world ─ was scary as fuck.