choking.

This chapter is a bit more violent, as the next few ones will be. Please be warned as you read this chapter. Thank you so much.

"Promise you'll text me when you land?"

Luke Hemmings chuckled against his daughter's hair, and nodded. "I will, I promise." He muffled, "I love you."

"I love you too, dad." Vivian said softly, closing her eyes as her cheek was pressed against his chest. "I'll see you really soon. Christmas is soon, you know."

"I know," Luke chuckled, pulling away. "I will see you soon, sweetheart."

After another 5 minutes of them mumbling things, Vivian tried to ramble so he wouldn't have to leave. Luke closed his eyes— he noticed this, but he wanted a couple more minutes with his daughter.

"We have to go, honey," Luke frowned, pulling away again.

Vivian froze.

Tell him you want to go with him. Tell him your mom is abusing drugs. Tell him. Tell him.

She nodded. "I know. I love you."

"I love you more," Luke kissed Vivian's temple and smiled as he gently backed away. "I'll see you in 2 weeks."

Vivian went home that day with tears threatening her cheeks. She was sad, near her period, and she just missed her dad.

When she opened the front door, she heard partying instantly. Her eyebrows furrowed and she fully entered the house.

Cassandra and Benjamin, along with some of Cassandra's drug dealer friends were dancing in the living room— drunk. Very drunk. Loud bass music pounded her ears, and she instinctively brought her palms to her ears.

"Vivian!" Cassandra smiled. "Come on, party!"

"What?" Vivian looked around, confused. "What are we partying for?"

"For your dad leaving," Cassandra said like it was obvious. "Come on, have a drink."

Vivian's face scrunched up as she pushed the glass of alcohol that Cassandra was forcing toward her and said. "No."

"Whatever," Cassandra rolled her eyes.

She watched as Cassie's boyfriend, Benjamin, walked up. Drunk. He chuckled as he eyed Vivian up and down.

"Look who's home," He slurred. "Spoiled daddy's girl."

"Excuse me?" Vivian said harshly. "Watch who you're talking to, Benjamin."

Benjamin's movements were swift as he towered over Vivian, his hand harshly grabbing her chin and forcing her to look at him. He only chuckled.

"You heard me," He snapped. "You're a spoiled fucking bitch. You watch your tone when you speak to me, Vivian."

"Don't touch me," Vivian hissed, using her full force to push him away.

Vivian realized she had fucked up when Benjamin's eyes got darker. His gaze became psycho. He grabbed Vivian's wrist, yanking her forward and nearly knocking her down.

Benjamin forcefully grabbed Vivian's chin and made her look at him.

"You need to watch that attitude, Vivian Goldstein." He snapped.

"My last name is Hemmings," Vivian snapped.

"Not anymore it's not," Benjamin protested. He brought his hand to her neck— his eyes looked as if they were in a frenzy. She began to find it hard to breathe.

"I don't care how you were raised before I met your mother," He snapped. "But you live by my rules now. I won't deal with your brat attitude. You will address me as your father now."

"What?" Vivian coughed. "Are you crazy? Mom, do something—"

Cassandra looked away with no care in the world. Vivian started to struggle to breathe against her lips.

Her lungs felt like they were on fire as she began to gasp. Benjamin's hand was tightened on her delicate throat, digging into the sides. She felt tears enter her eyes.

"Please, stop," Vivian pleaded.

She felt more vulnerable then she ever had. The feeling of his hand tightening her throat, restricting her airflow completely. She had never planned on pleading her mom's boyfriend for her life.

"Please stop what?" Benjamin's grip tightened.

"Please stop, Benjamin," She choked.

"Wrong." Benjamin hissed.

Vivian felt the bitterness of her words as they exited her mouth.

"Y-Yes, father," She felt one tear, followed by many, escape her eyes.

"Good girl." Benjamin smirked, releasing her by her throat. Vivian fell to her knees, coughing and spluttering all over as she regained airflow to her lungs.

Benjamin kneeled down and watched Vivian.

"You've now had your first warning, Vivian. You need to learn manners."