Chapter 2: bad news.

When did my life crumble?

I lay on my bed, my eyes watering from the conversation i just had with my parents.

"Mom, i have a damn boyfriend, i can't do that!" I scream in anger, "just tell fucking ashley to take my place."

"Watch the way you talk to me young lady!" She scoffs and then sighs before continuing to speak, "please, your father's business will benefit a lot from this."

"It will be only be for a month or two." My dad adds as of it makes it any better.

"Mom, this is not happening." I say scratching my forehead in frustration.

"Yes it will, you will be meeting him this weekend!" My dad speaks in a firm tone, this is his way of telling me that i have no way of getting out of this.

I look at them defeated, "i can't believe you're forcing me into this."

This is what the situation has been for a whole week.
I am meeting the guy i am supposed to date tomorrow, i don't want to, what would they even benefit from me dating their business partner's son?

My phone rings and i hold it up in my hand, it's my boyfriend, how am i supposed to do this? To leave him? To pretend that i found someone else? We've been dating for a year, i am pretty sure by now that he is only man i'll ever want.

I close my eyes hoping that tomorrow would never come.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.

"The door's open."

I turn around to see who it is. Oh, it's Ashley, my older sister.

"Hey, don't be sad now, you know what our parents are like." He says and sighs.

"What are they like Ashley?" I ask feeling tired of their behavior, "they're prioritizing their work over me."

"They love us, it's just that they don't think relationships are that important compared to money, it's the what life taught them."

"Right."

"Call me if you need anything."

I nod and she walks out, but before she can leave she turns back to me and says, "i would've dated him if he was a little bit older, i heard he's really handsome." She chuckles trying to make the situation better.

"I couldn't give a fuck even if i tried." I say not facing her.

She sighs and leaves.

Gosh, how do i get myself out of this situation?

My boyfriend calls again, i answer this time.

"Hey, I've been calling you, is everything alright?" He asks worriedly.