9

I look down at Kyler as he hugs me like his life depends on it. I resist the urge to wrap my arms around him. I had to leave a month ago or I would've hurt someone and I couldn't stand that. He betrayed me. My own mate betrayed me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't mad to see him. But that all changed when I took in his appearance. After I declined his offer to lay with him it broke my heart to hear him crying. I refuse to forgive him right away after what he did.
"Let's go have supper," I tell him, causing him to hesitantly pull away. He follows me into the house and sits at the table patiently, just watching me.
"Kyler. I think it'd be best if you went back home tomorrow," I tell him firmly. His eyes get so big and he starts shaking his head.
"I can't go back. Not without you. It's too hard.Everything there is too painful," He cries. I never thought about that. Everything must've reminded him of me. Sleeping in our room. Hell it was my apartment up until a few months ago when we became mates. Looks like you've been eating, I say gesturing to his stomach with a chuckle, but his face just scrunches up.
"I haven't eaten since the door you left. The pack doctor had to give me fluids through IV's because my body couldn't keep any food down. He was worried about the baby." My head snaps up as my heart tightens.
"You're pregnant?" I ask in disbelief. He just nods and lets his head fall into his hands. I can't believe I left him pregnant. I walk closer and put my hand on his stomach. Kyler smiles at the touch he seems to always need.
"It's okay, I understand it's all my fault you left. Would it help you trust me if I let you decide if we keep the baby. I wanted to keep it, but if you don't want the baby it's not too late," He adds quickly, noticing my blank look. I can't believe I made him think everything was his fault.
"I am so sorry, Kyler. I never should've left. None of this is your fault, and I'd really like to keep the baby, but ultimately it's your choice. You can do whatever you want. I support you 100%." He nods and smiles at me. I lean forward and press my lips against his, surprising him. He kisses back immediately moaning at just the simple contact. I pull away as a question pops into my mind.
"How far along are you?" I ask.
"Around a month," He tells me with a smile.
"Did the doctor mention a due date? I don't remember how long alpha pregnancies last."
"Four months, so I'm due in the beginning of September." I nod and walk back over to the counter to finish supper.
"Here you go," I say, handing him the sandwich. He takes it and scarfs it down.
"Would you like another?" He nods. As I make it, I can't help but think of how much he's changed. Although I'd never tell him, he's become soft. Submissive. I hand him the sand which that he quickly finishes.
"You ready to go to sleep?" He nods at me then looks nervous.
"Will you lay with me?" He whispers hesitantly.
"Course," I answer with a smile. And with that we both lay down cuddled up with each other and let sleep take over.