19

"I'm scared," I whisper to Dom as we walk to our doctor appointment. I'm not 3 out of 5 months pregnant, and today we find out if everything's okay with the baby.
"I know baby," He says squeezing my hand.
"Hello alphas," The doctor greets us. We say hello and follow him to an exam room. I scoot onto the tall bed and lift my shirt. The doctor rubs the gel on my round stomach. I hold my breathe as the image pops up on the screen. I tighten my grip on Dom's hand.
"Okay, that's your baby right there. It looks like his brain is growing at an accelerated rate. It appears your baby boy will have autism. While I'm stuck on the fact that our baby is going to be autistic, Dom can't get over that fact that we're having a boy. I let go of his hand, feeling suffocated. Dom looks down at me and his smile falls. I feel tears falling down my cheeks. It's not that I don't want the baby or am sad he's special needs. It's the fact that I know he's going to have a hard life, but I will protect him with my life. He will never leave my side. That's the only way I can cope with the diagnosis. Knowing that I will protect him from the cruel realities of the world.
"What's going through your head?" Dom asks when the doctor leaves.
"We will do anything and everything to protect him. Promise me Dom."
"I promise baby. He will always be looked out for." My quiet cries turn into sobs. Dom slides onto the exam table behind me, pulling me into his lap. Just like the door I found out I was pregnant. I don't hold back my cries, letting it all out for the first time. I've never cried in front of Cam. I refuse.
"How are we going to explain this to Cam? He's only five. He won't understand."
"Let's worry about one thing at a time," Dom tells me. I nod and we just sit in the exam room for over an hour trying to process the news. After I finally calm down, we walk back to our apartment. I go straight to our room while Dom walks to take care of Cam. I lay on the bed and throw the covers over myself and just cry. I close my eyes, wanting this to be a dream. Tightening them every time I cry harder.
"Hey, Eli just took Cam back to his apartment, He said they'd keep him for the night," Dom tells me as he picks the blanket off of me.
"I'm trying really hard to not seem ungrateful because I'm not. I love this baby more than life itself. I'm just heartbroken over the hardships he'll face."
"We won't let him have any hardships. We'll shelter him. Protect him. And above all we will love him. Despite it all we will love him.

TWO MONTH TIME SKIP

"Dom. I think my water just broke," I say cautiously. I watch as his head snaps over to look at me. His eyes wide and his face pales.
"Okay, one second baby," He tells me as he leads Cam out the door and to Eli and Peter. He comes running back and pulls me up and helps me walk to the door.
"I can walk this time," I tell him as he's about to pick me up. He smiles and grabs my arm, helping me down the stairs and to the hospital wing. We walk in and thank the goddess that nobodies in here to see their alpha weak. I walk back into the familiar room where I gave birth to Cam.
"Dom I don't think I can do this," I groan as another contraction hits.
"You can baby. Just imagine holding baby Calum." He encourages. It gives me the motivation to get through the waves of pain. My hopes get up when I see the doctor walk in.
"It's time. The operating room is all set up," He informs me and I almost shout with joy. I hold Dom's hand as they wheel me back, my bottom half already numb. Once in the operating room, they hang the sheet preventing me from seeing what they're doing. I make sure to take slow deep breaths, determined to not pass out from pain like last time. I look into Dom's eyes the whole time, the only thing providing me comfort. I squeeze Dom's hand at the uncomfortable pressure on my stomach. I watch as he looks at my stomach, witnessing the most precious thing in life. I lay still, eager to hold my baby. I hear doctors commanding nurses on where to stand, what to do, and they obey without question. I get a sense of relief knowing they would all do anything for their alphas. After a few more minutes I hear a loud crying, and my tears of pain turn to tears of joy. They lay Calum on my chest and I take in his beautiful face. Dom puts his gloved finger up to his little face and caresses his cheek. I smile. I'm wheeled into the recovery room, Cal still on my chest. I study his face. His blonde hair he got from me and his brown eyes like Dom and Cam. I hand Calum to Dom. After arguing with Dom for a few minutes I decide to sleep for a little.

I slowly open my eyes and see everything I've ever wanted. I see my wonderful husband with my two amazing sons. Dom's holding Cal while Cam's softly petting his head. I smile at the tender moment. With Dom's help we went from dumb to 18 year olds who hated each other to 22 year old husbands and dads of two.
"I love you Dom. For everything."