Time is Running Out

In all my time dealing with Key I never thought that I would be this desperate to get back to him. Not that I desired him physically because it will always be me thinking of first of myself before I could ever be dickmatised. Before I began to panic I called Key to let me him know what was going on. I immediately dialed Key but the strangely he didn't answer after several rings. It wasn't like him not to answer the phone for me and yet alone miss my call. I started to feel differently, as if I was being played. I called back and again it rang, and I got the voicemail. In that instant I began to panic. Key has been the only consistent individual in my life and I messed it up when I turned it personal instead of keeping it business. Was he spinning me this time?, kept running through my mind. Without hesitation, I jumped into my black charger and left out for New York. In the back of my mind I repeated to myself that "Key would never betray me, he will be there". About 20 minutes into jumping onto the highway I received a call it was King again, I opted to answer in hopes of playing things koa. 

"Hello?" I answered as if I hadn't just uprooted myself from Maryland and was headed back to New York.

"Whats up Ivy?, or is it Ivory?" King responded. I didn't even think to react to him knowing my real name because I knew I had never given it to him.

"Its Ivy, King" I responded flirtatiously. I figured if my demeanor was consistent it would throw him off. If it was really him and his men at my hideout then I had no choice but to play shit cool in hopes to keep them at bay. I'm loyal to Key, not even my crew, I fuck with Key because he knows who I really am. No matter what I appear to be on the outside Key knows what the inside looks like, so my loyalty has always resided with him. 

"What you got up for tonight?" King asked.

"Currently, in route to catch a flight." I said in turn. It was an instant response to say I was about to catch a flight. I didn't necessarily think through the details of where, for how long, and for what I was going out of town for. The only thing that was in my favor was the freshness of King and I's interaction. In addition there was nothing of significance going on between him and I.

"You always on the move, huh?" he asked boldly.

"My lifestyle isn't cheap" I responded firmly. He knew how I came fresh dipped at every encounter that I am, nor could ever be, an average bitch. I've never punched a clock but I looked double degreed and inconspicously expensive.

"You always seem to be everywhere" King said. "It's almost like since the day we met, I see you everywhere I go".

I could tell that King was not necessarily believing my story. I didn't know what more to say or do so i just stop talking, and started listening.

King continued...."Have you been in Atlanta lately?" he asked.

I took a pause to make sure I thought about every move I made when I was doing my pick up. I thought about who I saw and who saw me. In that moment I had to go out on a limb and response with the answer that would be firm, and unshakable. "I wish, I went to visit my mom in Michigan." I lied. I waited and listened for any hints of disbelief. 

"Really?, I guess everybody got your same jeep because I keep see yours everywhere" he said. My heart almost stopped beating at that very moment, but nothing was going to stop me driving to New York. It felt like the conversation was going on for hours but in actuality it was only a few minutes. Every second ticking by like hours.

"I guess so. I wish I could bump into you instead of going to Detroit. Where did you see my jeep?" I inquired. I wanted to see if he would tell me the truth. I wanted to see how bold he could and would be. I waited on every second to see if I could catch a queue that would tip me off.

"In Atlanta" he said..

To Be Conintued.