Chapter 51: Family Matters

Zenobia's POV

"Zenobia, I hope you're available for dinner tonight at your grandfather's place. He wants to have the entire family there. Don't be late. Dinner starts at 7:30 pm," my mother said as I answered the call.

"I'll be there," I told her. I hung up the phone and rolled out of bed with a yawn. It was 7:30 am on Sunday and I was already in a delightful mood.

I did my workouts then had a cup of coffee, pancakes and eggs. After breakfast, I went over to Jordan's apartment. I knocked and waited for him to come to the door.

After a few seconds, he drew the door open.

"Hi."

"Good morning, Miss. Hollen."

"I have a dinner to attend tonight at my grandfather's. You wouldn't be attending as your service isn't needed, and I'll be driving myself."

"I understand. Be safe," he said.

I walked away and went back indoors. Tiff and I communicated via the telephone and emails. Zen & Iff Company would be official in operation in a matter of hours.

~

At 7:00pm, I was already dressed and driving myself to my grandparents'.

~
"Good evening, Miss. Zenobia," one of the housemaids greeted me as I entered the mansion, "Right this way to the dinning room."

"Thank you." I followed her into the dinning room where everyone was already waiting.

"Finally, she's here," my father said as I sat in the only free chair available which was next to his.

"Good evening everyone. My apologies. Traffic was a bit of a mess," I stated.

"You're just in time, darling," my grandmother said warmly.

"Mom, we have much to discuss, starting and ending with Zenobia's behavior," my father inputted again.

I turned in his direction.

"EJ, don't you start this," my mother said.

"I think everyone ought to know about this. And what's this I heard of you starting a company, Zenobia?" he directed.

"Can we save this for another time, EJ?" Uncle Evan asked.

"Why, we're all here now, might as well enlighten the family," dad said.

I sighed loudly, closed my eyes and calmed myself. He wasn't going to cause a reaction out of me and have me looking like the bad guy in front of grandma and grandpa.

I smiled as the delicious meals were served and the topic shifted, that was until grandma Emma wanted me to tell her how things were going at Hollen Tower.

"I quit Hollen Tower," I spoke.

My grandparents' cutlery fell from their hands.

"And we're just knowing this, why, and why did it happen?" Grandpa Ethan asked.

"Dad, Zenobia made her choice after she was suspended," Uncle Evan said.

"Why were you suspended?" grandma asked me.

"She was heading down a path of embarrassment to Hollen Tower, and I didn't want it to get out of control so I suspended her. But lo and behold, she grew some nerves, quit, and started her own company," dad answered instead of me.

I tented my fingers and plastered on my best fake smile.

"Well, congratulations on your new company. I'm proud of you," grandma complimented.