ELEVEN

"He's gonna be fine Sky." Poppy reassured her twin.

"How do you know that?" Sky asked.

"It's Silva we're talking about."

Sky shocked his head as he opened the door to reveal Silva struggling to put on his shirt. "How bad is it?" Silva doesn't say anything so Sky continues. "Is Professor Harvey gonna up your Zanbaq dose? He said it'd keep the wounds at bay.."

"Until it can't anymore." Silva finally says.

"I can run the first year spars. And you can take it easy until the battalion gets to the Burned Ones. What's the status?"

"Uh... they've tacked it 40 kilometers north of here. They'll engage it soon." Silva explained.

"And when they do..." Sky asked.

"I have every confidence they will complete the mission. They will kill it. The only question is when."

That caught the girl's attention. "What do you mean by when?"

"The... uh infection is spreading quickly now. When it reaches my heart..."

"Don't say it." Poppy said, not wanting to believe it. "Please don't say it."

"How long do you have?" Sky asked.

"I don't know. I don't know. Not long." Silva admitted truthfully. 

"So, what do we do?"

"Well I've spoken to my seconds about the plans for your training and Dowling is aware of my wishes for your futures."

"I asked you a question." Sky said, a little annoyed Silva isn't giving them any updates.

"And I'm answering it. Soldiers have to have these conversations with the people that matter. We make a plan. That's what we can do. I'll make sure nothing happens with you two as long as I'm alive." Silva explained.

"Then what happens?" Poppy asked, already knowing the answer but she was in denial. She wanted to believe Silva would come out this alive and well. But those chances were very slim. 

Silva heavily sighed. "You're on your own."

"There has to be something else." Sky begged. "We already lost one father. We can't lose another."

"I'll keep you both updated on the battalion's progress. Do you understand?"

The twins didn't say anything. They didn't know what to say. "Yeah." Sky said as he walked away, the girl following behind him. She didn't want to think what would happen if Silva died. He has been there for both of them since their real father died.

If he's gone too, she wouldn't know what she would do.