14: Lost & Found

jay started the search solo, he went over to the place where they went all over. 

"hana hana hana, you stupid girl" jay muttered to himself as he reluctantly walked into the ancient history of queens. 

"hana! hana! ha- arghhh!" jay groaned as he looked around his blind spots, his wife was nowhere to be seen. if only he knew, what was about to happen...

jay once sighed for the hundredth time in the day, finally stepping into the last room of hope he had. he looked around the busy hustling room as he searched for a officer. yes, a cop. "excuse  me?" he called out a uniformed person. 

"yes?" she spoke with an almost american accent, yet heavy, her eyes not leaving her book. 

"uh, i'd like to report a missing person" this time, the woman properly looked at jay. a eyebrow raised as she clicked on her keyboard one last time before she spoke. 

"child or adult?"

"adult, teen actually?" jay answered, amused at her set of questions which she chose instead of cutting the chase.

"woman or man?" she asked again. 

"woman..." jay rubbed the behind of his neck out of habit. 

"okay... could you describe her please?" she asked, more likely said. but her eyes were showing something like she had connected a few dots. weird. 

"yes, well, brunette, sorry, like wood brown mid-length straight hair, she was wearing a yellow crown hair pin, denim jacket and beige cargos?" jay showed her height in the air, till his shoulder, "21." jay thought carefully as he pictured his lady.

"21? pretty sure she'd find herself back son" the woman said writing down. 

"it's our first time here in Italia" jay answered with a low voice. 

"well, we will try our best then son, florence is bustling with such tourists. it'll take time, you can head back or search then" the lady asked for his number, address and a few more details since he was a tourist. 

he soon returned back to the hotel, the clock stroke 7:30pm already, and he was kind of tired, but he ain't gonna give up, yet. the woman asked various questions, how his connections are with her, when he last saw her, and much more. and requested the most detailed answers as he can. 

his phone ringed, and the last piece of hope rose. 

"please, please, please Hana."