Chapter Ten: Abilities?

{———}

D E E — D E E

Dee-Dee worked in the hotel paperwork silently, pausing every so often to think about what she was going to say before she wrote it down.

After the a good five minutes after Marinette had left, she finally let herself set down her ball-point pen so she could think about the events that had taken place.

Before Marinette Dupain-Cheng had approached the desk, the plant's branch had been broken. She was positive. A dis-satisfied customer had purposely knocked into the plant and broken it on purpose. She was going to fix it, but then she had shown up.

And yet, when she had left, it had been fine, as if it had never been broken in the first place, which, Dee-Dee knew, was not true.

This, on top of all the other matters surrounding this girl, was very interesting.

With a firm handle on her phone, she once again called someone.

He answered on the third ring, which, considering, that was pretty quick.

"Speak," He said, his authority driven voice cutting through the phone.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng just left the building, she is staying with some people she knows. She didn't say more than that," She informed him in a pleasant, business-like tone.

"Anything else?" He said after a beat.

"She may be more interesting than you originally thought," She said slowly, then proceeded to dive into the small, short tale.

She told him about the rude customer, the plant then told him about Marinette Dupain-Cheng arriving and leaving.

{———}

T I K K I

Tikki could feel the shift immediately. Someone had come close to finding Marinette's identity. She could feel the magic being used to disrupt whatever was compromising Marinette's hard work.

Soon she felt the power of it recede— but it didn't leave completely, she could still feel its presence.

This is all electronics are good for, getting magic stuck in them, Tikki thought.

Marinette would have to get the magic out, because it would leave the computer unfixable until removed.

Tikki focused on the location of where it was and giggled quietly.

It was under Wayne Manor.

Tikki knew the Waynes were the Vigilantes of Gotham, but Marinette did not.

Tikki was a creature older than the dinosaurs, of course she knew the League's identities'.

But that was not her holder's concern, therefore, she did not bring it up.

She hoped it—the electronic, was in the Bat Cave, because it wasn't, she would probably have to get creative with how to get Marinette in and out of there.

If it was in the Bat Cave, Marinette could just think of it and teleport there with the Horse Miraculous.

Tikki hoped that was where it was.

But if that was the case, then why were the Bat folks interested in Marinette?

{———}

M A R I N E T T E

Marinette soon learned that, unfortunately, Damian was in seven of her eight classes, the exception being her elective.