Dazy's First Month

Auggie: 29
Emryn: 33
Dazy: Age fluctuates throughout chapter

November 30-- 12:30 (17 hours after Dazy's birth)

"Look at her little lips,"Emryn whispers with a raspy voice, laying on her side with her cheek smushed against the pillow as she reaches a delicate fingertip to rub against Dazy's tiny pink lips that are slightly parted as she lays on her back in the bed, peacefully sleeping between her two parents who haven't been able to take their eyes off of her ever since she was born early this morning.

"I k-k-know,"Auggie agrees with a little sniffle, a few tears rolling down his cheeks as he lays on his side as well, propped up by his elbow, his hand softly resting on top of Dazy's belly that's rising and falling with breath. "S-She's s-s-so p-perfect. A-And s-s-she's been s-so e-e-easy."

"She has been the easiest baby ever,"Emryn agrees, raising her fingertips up to brush against Dazy's head that's has the tiniest amount of white blonde hair, so light in color that you can't even tell it's there unless the light hits it at the exact right angle. She yawns softly, her eyes beginning to water in response, never taking her eyes off of her little girl even as her entire body aches and grows heavier, begging her to sleep. But how could she? How will she ever be able to stop looking at her little girl? She doesn't think it will be possible.

"Y-You need t-t-to s-s-sleep,"Auggie murmurs, lifting his hand from Dazy's little belly to comb a piece of Emryn's pink hair behind her ear as Emryn rests her pointer finger in Dazy's open palm, the feeling instinctually making her little fingers curl around her mama's.

"So do you,"Emryn grins, peeking over at Auggie who has purple bags under his eyes. He's been up for almost forty-eight hours now and hasn't taken a nap, unlike Emmy who took one after Auggie practically forced her to since her body was so tired from labor.

"Y-Yeah b-but you s-s-sleeping is m-m-more important,"Auggie softly fights, resting his hand back down against Dazy's belly as he leans down to press a kiss to her forehead, her lips just slightly parted enough so that a little gust of her warm breath falls against his face. "Y-Your b-body n-n-needs to r-r-rest."

"I can't,"Emryn responds with a little smirk, nudging her face even closer to Dazy's, the tip of her nose brushing against Dazy's soft cheek as she presses the gentlest kisses to her skin. "I just wanna look at her all night."

"I know, m-m-me t-too,"Auggie grins, watching Emryn's pierced lips continue to brush against Dazy's cheek that's covered in light peach fuzz, "she's s-s-so a-a-amazing. You d-d-did so g-g-good t-today."

"Thank you,"Emryn grins softly, pressing another kiss against Dazy's little cheek, "that was pretty rough, especially pushing, I was just so done by then."

"Y-Yeah, that w-w-was so rough t-t-to watch,"Auggie sympathizes, reaching to pull the blanket up just slightly higher against Dazy's little belly to make sure she's warm, her body clothed in the cutest little feety pajamas that have little flowers decorating them, "I th-think transition w-w-was the hardest f-for me to w-w-watch."

"You did such a good job at helping me,"Emryn yawns, smacking her lips slightly before puckering them as Auggie grins softly and leans over Dazy's little body, pressing his lips against hers.

"Thanks, I t-t-tried,"Auggie murmurs against Emryn's lips as she rests her head back down against the pillow, pressing another soft kiss to Dazy's cheek as she feels her eyes beginning to droop closed.

"I can feel my eyes closing on me,"Emryn whispers, snuggling her nose closer to Dazy's little cheek so she can continue to smell her sweet scent as she drifts off to sleep, "make sure you move her if you start to feel sleepy, put her in her bassinet before you fall asleep."