Chapter 2

LISA

It was Monday. Meaning that it's my first day of school again. 12th grade. I don't want to go to school. I'm still so tired.

And Jennie didn't call nor texted me when I left her yesterday. What is with her?

After I ate my breakfast with my parents. I went to the parking lot to choose one of my cars to drive to school.

When I arrived there I looked around.

"Pretty big school." I said and I could sense that someone was behind me.

That someone scared me and I knew who it was.

"Jisoo Unnie!!" I said excitedly and hugged her. She stumbled on her place but eventually hugged me back.

"Lisa, hey, how are you?"

"I'm doing great. How about you?"

"Same as always. I brought Jennie to school. That grumpy girl still hates school so much. She even started to hate it more when you had left."

"Aww, don't worry, Unnie. I'll take care of your baby sister." She looked at me weirdly and I chuckled.

"Okay, don't do anything weird. Jennie is lately kind of not in the mood, so she might be a bit different than usual."

"What do you mean?" Then I saw Jennie stepping out of the car. Mini skirt. She hates it so why does she wear it?

She walked pass by me. Not even greeting me. Literally not even a single glance at my direction.

I looked at Jisoo Unnie.

"Yes, she hates mini skirts, Lisa. But I don't know. She wears it all the time since you left."

"Oh, I get it."

"Yep, I should get going. Have lots of things to do in the company today. Just call me whenever you want but for now, go and study well."

"Okay, all right. Goodbye, Unnie. Take care!" I waved at her as she walked towards her car.

I sighed. Does Ruby hate me that much? I didn't mean to leave her like that.

-

When I went inside I managed to finally find my classroom for the first period. English classes. It was fine. English is fine but so so boring.

I was anxious but still knocked on the door. Maybe a bit too slight. Am I embarrassing myself already? Gosh, how could she leave me when I need her the most?

"Fuck you, Ruby." I whispered underneath my breath.

I heard someone clearing her throat behind me. Oh God! Who is this now?

"Lali, it's me."

Yes, that voice. That person I was waiting for.

"Shall we go inside? I think we have lots of classes together and it seems like we have English class in a few minutes." I turned around slowly. I hugged her tightly.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No, I'm not."

"Are you upset?"

"No, not really."

"Are you sad?"

"No, I am in a great mood."

I pulled away from the hug.

"Why aren't you hugging me back, then?" I pouted at her slightly.

"Let's just go inside. Class is about to start."

"Wait, wait, wait!" I hold her elbow for her to face me again.

"Why are you red on the face?" I asked worriedly. Oh God, what is happening? I touched her face and she is burning.

"You're sick!"

"I am not, Lisa." Jennie protested. I wouldn't buy her excuse.

"Let's just go inside. If you wanna ditch class, you can do it. This time I'm not doing it with you." She said and left to go inside.

Gosh, her. Yes, her. I am sorry for being this kind of a friend, Ruby. I didn't mean to.

Then, I finally also step inside. Ruby was sitting beside a blondie. Was it really that necessary, Kim? Should I dye my hair back to blonde??

I wanted to slap myself at that moment. Am I in my possessive friend era again? God, why do I kept getting jealous when she is around other people?

I walked towards the table behind Ruby and that blonde girl. Jennie was freaking smiling and laughing. Completely ignoring me. Or should I say not being aware of my existence in the moment. Sure, that blondie makes her laugh. I felt a sudden ache in my heart. Why is that?

"Hello! You must be the new transfer student, right?" The girl who might be my seat mate said.

"Oh yes, that's me. I'm Lalisa Manoban. Or for short just Lisa." And I could see Jennie staring at me when she heard my voice. I gave her my puppy eyes, hoping for her to say something at least but she didn't. Instead she went back to talk to that blonde bitch.

"Oh nice to meet you, Lisa. I'm Momo and these are Rosé and Jennie in front of us." She introduced herself and the two as I sat down beside her.

"Nice to meet you, guys."

"Hey, Lali."

"You look stunned." That blonde, I mean Rosé said while chuckling.

"Oh, yeah. I didn't see that coming from Ruby's mouth."

"Ruby?" Momo questioned confused.

"It's me, Momo. My second name is Ruby."

"How did I never know about this? I should start calling you 'Ruby' from now on."

"No!" I said kind of loudly. Gosh, I embarrassed myself already.

"I mean, nothing. Sorry for that." I stuttered and Jennie looked at me.

"Lisa and I are best friends, so I prefer her calling me 'Ruby'. Only her. Jennie is fine, Rosie." Jennie explained.

"Okay, if you say so." Rosé shrugged.

The sudden relief that went trough my whole body. God, I really don't know. Then, the teacher also had entered the class.

-

A/N: Thanks everyone for the welcoming comments.