Her Beauty

My eyes were entirely focused on the emerald eyes staring back at me. The princess smiled down at me, causing her eyes to shrink upwards as joy radiated from them. Fiery red hair rested over her shoulders, half of it pulled up into a bun on the top of her head. Her lips were painted red, which caused a contrast between the bold color and her pale skin. Her face, overall, was round and warm. Light pinks shaded in the apple of her cheeks as her smile only grew.

Any words that had been lingering within my mind had vanished, and suddenly, I had forgotten all about being angry and being frustrated with my father for pushing my hand. A spark of jealousy burst through my chest as her eyes broke away from mine and instead landed upon the servant that had been rude to me earlier.

'Thank you, Caelum. I can handle it from here.' Her soft voice enchanted my eyes despite her not speaking to me.

Caelum, the servant, began to smile at her. 'Milady, these are enemies of our kingdom. I have been advised not to leave you alone with them.'

'Are you saying I am unable to take care of myself?' Her rounded chin raised while the corners of her lips began turning up in a smirk.

I finally found the ability to swallow again, starting to come back to reality. The woman I saw before me had immediately become my definition of beauty. I couldn't remember what I had thought beauty was before seeing her. There was nothing like her. I had never seen a woman so pure and genuine. I stumbled forward to the bottom of the stairs, eager to greet her.

Caelum spared a glance towards me. 'I would never suggest such a thing, Milady. If you need me, I will be directly outside the door.' He bowed his head, then disappeared through the doors she had just entered from.

'Hello,' I grinned, thrilled her attention was finally all mine. I fought the natural urge of my eyes wanting to widen as she began to descend the stairs, revealing the light blue ball gown she wore.

Time itself stopped for me as she descended the stairs. I watched each step she took with anticipation, wondering if I would awake from a dream. I found my smile growing the closer she got, especially as I saw her own smile widen. I fought my jaw as it threatened to drop. The woman before me, this beautiful woman, was going to become my wife? The anger had yet to return as relief filled me instead.

'Hello.' She replied, stopping several stairs in front of me. The princess gazed down at me, her cheeks becoming rosier with each second that passed us by.

I didn't hesitate to extend my hand towards her, waist already beginning to start a bow. 'My name is Vladimir Dracula.' Shivers ran down my spine as her dainty hand landed in mine. I brought my thumb across her knuckles while my heart skipped several beats. I didn't even know it was possible for a man to feel this way. I raised my eyes to hers while gingerly placing a kiss upon the back of her hand while wondering how I had ever gotten so lucky. I dulled in comparison to her, especially against her eyes. While mine were a simple dark blue, hers were like the entrance to another world that I longed to disappear within.

The princess began to giggle, causing my own cheeks to redden. I knew beauty was only part of a person, and it didn't matter in the scheme of things, but it had undoubtedly convinced me to try with her. I prayed that she was as sweet as she looked. 'As to you, sir. I am Princess Rosetta-Dawn Woods of Invea.' Her fingers gave my hand a gentle squeeze before she pulled her hand away. Rosetta tucked her hands back in front of her waist, resting them upon her dress.

'Rosetta-Dawn,' I repeated as it engraved itself into my mind. Whether this worked or not, I would never forget her. This situation was strange. I had seen plenty of women before and had never been hit this hard. Just her smile alone had my knees feeling weak. Briefly, I wondered if she was a siren. 'That is a beautiful name.'