The dream I never thought I would have.

She was the quiet kid in my class. No one ever talked to her, and she didn't talk to other people. For me and many other people we would say that she has her head in her heart and a broken body. She never does something wrong but always says sorry. And for a man like me with a hole in the middle of my chest I'm trying to promise her that she'll only see the best.

We all knew that she wanted to die.

I always try to talk to her, but she always walks away. If I have to admit it, I love her, more than anything.

Then one day I pull her away so that I could talk to her.

"Avery, I need to talk to you" I say breathing near her face.

"Jacob, stop you know that I don't want to talk to you" she says trying to get out of my grip, struggling.

"I know that you don't want to live but... you can't avoid me forever" I say pinning her against a wall and her breathing fast.

"Look... Jacob my life is hell right now and... you don't even know what's been happening" she looks down.

"Then tell me. Just tell me what's wrong" I try to say as calm as possible, trying to calm this beautiful creature down.

"I'm smoking going out trying to catch my breath. I'm losing myself and slowly turning into somebody else!" she takes a breath.

"I take all the pain and I throw away my pride. So, I stay and want give away my life. Day after day I suffer, my dad is in the hospital right now and we can't afford the surgery he needs." I let her go and she falls on her knees crying. Her head in her hands, I bend down and hug her.

"It's okay. I'm here for you" we sat there silently, just hearing her sob makes my heart break. I'm having her exactually where I want her to be, in my arms. The comfortable silence broke with the school bell and we both stood up.

"Thank you, Jacob, you're the best" she says whiping away her tears away and walks out the room. I blush slightly as a teacher walks in. "Mr. Wellsh what are you doing in here?" he gives me a serious face. "Oh, hi Mr. Weston I'm just here to see your beautiful classroom... look at the walls! Such a beautiful color." I smile awkwardly "get out" "alright see you tomorrow" I left the room and got home. 'Nice walls' I thought to myself regretting what I said. The next day I got to school and didn't see Avery anywhere, I got to my class and saw a note on my desk and folded it up. It said 'Look at the walls! Such a beautiful color!' -Avery. After class I searched for her everywhere and ask for her. I walked out of the school to keep looking for her and then an announcement came from the microphones

"Hello, every student in Johnson's academic craft collage I have an announcement that a girl named Miss. Avery Miller has committed suicide. We're truly sorry for her and her near loving, but she may rest in peace" the principal says in the speakers. In that moment I ran home like nothing mattered more, just thinking 'why' and 'why didn't she wait for me to heal her again' tears ran down my face as I came home and got up to my room, I buried my face in my pillow crying my eyes out, thinking it was all a dream. When I realized it was when I woke up with me trying to catch my breath, with Avery beside me and a baby on the other side. Then I realized that Avery was my wife and we had a son.

The end
Author- Arbana Nikqi
Word count: 653
Inspirational