Chapter 32

A/N - I start college again this week, so if I disappear ✌🏾

TW - this chapter contains scenes some may find upsetting

~~~

"So you're coming back early?", I watched as Chase shovelled a mouthful of beautiful looking pasta into his mouth and closed his eyes with a content sigh, now I was hungry.

"April 12th", he replied after finishing his mouthful, "it would've been earlier if I wasn't surrounded by a shit ton of work". I think that was the first time I'd heard Chase swear.

"24 days", I muttered to myself and nodded, "maybe you can come and restore some peace in this house".

"Elaborate", he wolfed back another mouthful and my stomach growled which made him chuckle.

"The twins: Xav's obviously not doing too well, and Xander...he's angry", I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed, "like permanently angry".

"That's new", he muttered, "how's Xav been doing?".

"He tried to go back to school yesterday but it didn't go so well", I sighed, "he's been in his room all day apparently, I only just got back from school with Xander".

"Xander went to school willingly?", he raised his eyebrows, "is the world ending?".

"He went to see Talon", I replied and he chuckled, "oh my god, you can finally meet Ezra".

"And you still want my stamp of approval?", he asked and I nodded, "even though you've already started kissing him?". Who the hell told him that?

"Who even-".

"Xander has a tendency to share information", he shrugged and I groaned- I was never telling Xander anything again, "good on you Izzy, I'm glad you're happy". Now imagine if Caleb had the same reaction as Chase...yeah, I can't see it either.

~~

"Holy fucking shit", Ezra stared at me with wide eyes as I climbed into the passenger seat of his car, bright and early in the morning, "what are you doing darlin'?".

"Wishing you a happy birthday", I deadpanned, leaning forwards and kissing his cheek, "here you go". I put all three gift bags on his lap and he blushed, taking a peek inside one of the bags before scratching his neck and chuckling.

"You didn't have to get me all this darlin'", he muttered, a smile tugging at his lips, "thank you".

"Anytime", I grinned, "we're early, did you wanna open them now?". He chuckled and went for the smallest bag first, pulling out the two individually wrapped gifts.

"Smell?", he read the labels on both of them, "what's that mean?".

"Open them and see", I grinned and he did, smiling at the coffee scented candle and the bottle of cologne.

"Smart", he chuckled, spraying the cologne around him and inhaling, "I'm assuming you want me wearing this daily?".

"It does have a great smell", I bit my lip and he laughed, "okay, next bag". He threw the wrapping paper and now empty bag in the backseat and reached into the next bag; he pulled out the unwrapped bottle of vodka and eyed me knowingly.

"Taste", he put two and two together and I hummed, "you know me so well".

"Course I do", I scoffed.

"And another chain? Did you hack my computer or somethin'?", I did not, in fact, hack his computer - I was just a psychic, "this is sight right?".