Chapter 35 pt.1

A/N - don't ask why I split this into 2 parts...just roll with it

Sad scenes are NEXT PART

THANK YOU FOR 6 + 7k ❤️

~~~

I was shitting it.

Full on fucking shitting it.

If I die, nice knowing you all.

I gripped the strap of my bag, whispered a small prayer and knocked on the door twice, stepping back in case I got pounced on or something.

"We don't want another fucking pizza-", I don't know if I was relieved or worried to see Xander open the door, he looked me up and down as if he couldn't believe it was me before he laughed, "holy shit!". He pulled me inside, wrapped his arms around me and spun me around in a hug- I think that was the first time he'd hugged me.

"Nice to see you too", I squeezed him back before he dropped me, ran a hand through his hair and frowned.

"What the fuck Bella?", and there he was, "do you know how much we've been fucking worrying? Not even a call or a fucking text, I could just-".

"That's a lot of fucks Xander, happier as ever I see", he couldn't hide his smile if he tried; nor could he hide the fact I'd just gotten in, multiple footsteps came charging down the stairs and I was attacked in a hug by Chase, Cay and Scott.

"I dare you to do that again", Caleb muttered and Chase slapped his head, "what?".

"We're glad you're okay Izzy", he smiled.

"Come here", Scott pulled me into his arms only, "you okay?".

"Yeah", I nodded, "where's Xav?".

"Upstairs, he's not doing too good princesa", Cay replied as Xander cast his gaze down to the floor; and now I felt like shit for leaving him.

"Can I go see him?", I asked quietly and Xander nodded, I dropped my bag and went to walk off, until Caleb spoke again.

"Are we gonna ignore the huge elephant in the room?", the topic of Zane.

"For now, yes", I ascended the stairs quickly and didn't look back - I'd speak to Zane later.

~

"Hey stranger", I lay down beside Xav and watched as his eyes lit up for all of three seconds, "I missed you".

"I missed you too", he whispered, "are you okay?". He shouldn't be the one asking me that question.

"I'll be fine", I promised, "and you?".

"I don't know", he shrugged, rolling onto his back and staring at the ceiling, "I don't know".

"It's okay not to know", I told him, "did you want anything? Some popcorn, a milkshake?".

"I'm okay Izzy", he shook his head ever so slightly, "I think I'm just gonna sleep". Considering he looked like he hadn't slept at all, I decided to leave him to it.

"I'll come see you a bit later yeah?", I smiled, climbing off the bed and stretching; he nodded and turned away from me as I opened the door.

"Izzy?", he was still facing away when he called me back but I hummed nonetheless, "I love you".

"I love you too Xav, get some sleep", I smiled and left the room. I suppose it was time to find my eldest brother...

~

I didn't take Zane as being an outdoor kinda guy, so I was surprised to find him sitting out in the garden after about twenty minutes of searching.

Until now I didn't know how big our garden was, there was a path that led to a quieter, secluded area of benches and a small fountain; it was beautiful out here.