Second first date

~A few days later~

Scott's POV

I was excited for today, the start of our recovery, we were starting over. I was taking him on a date today, everything was all planned and ready to go for when Jimmy gets here. I couldn't wait, so I was sitting on the couch impatiently, waiting for him to come.

It felt like forever I was waiting, until I heard a knock at the door. I ran over excited, then when I got to the door, I slowed to a calm walk and fixed my hair, before opening the door. "H-Hey Jimmy.".

"Hey Scott." I got lost in his eyes, thinking about how much time time we had missed being together. I was glad we were talking again, and we were going on a date! "Um...S-Scott?" I snapped out of the trance I was in.

"Oh s-sorry...um, come with me." I walked past Jimmy and outside, then turned around to wait for him. He smiled and followed behind as I kept walking past many buildings in Rivendell, then eventually reached the minecart track.

"W-What's this?" He asked, looking around.

"This is our ride, hope in." We both sat down in the cart and the it started rolling down the track. After a few minutes, we were riding down into a cave. When the cart stopped in the cave, we both got out.

"Wow! This place is amazing!" He then turned to look at me. "Did you make all this?"

"Y-Yeah." I started to get nervous. I had never been this nervous in front of Jimmy before.

"It's amazing Scott!" He started walking around, looking at everything I had set up. The Cod with different names resembling different things in his life, both our Empire banners, the picnic blanket in both of our colours. "I love it!" He turned back to look at me, a sparkle in his eyes. I smiled and lead him over to the picnic blanket to sit down.

Jimmy's POV

I couldn't believe Scott did all this for me! I loved it! I walked over to the picnic blanket and sat down opposite Scott. 

"You hungry?"

"Yeah, a little." Scott turned around to grab something from behind him, then when he turned back, in his hands was a basket. He sat it down and started placing plates of delicious looking food in between us. It all smelt so great, I couldn't wait to try it.

"Dig in." He looked up and smiled at me.

"What about you? Aren't you eating?" 

"I will once you choose your food first." He smiled sweetly. I smiled back.

"T-Thanks." I then looked down to see what Scott had prepared. Different types of sandwiches, a variety of cookies, even slices of cake. I took a sandwich, some cookies and a slice of cake, then looked up and watched as Scott chose his selection of food.

For at least an hour, we sat there chatting and eating our food, enjoying every moment we had together. Then I could feel the date was coming to an end, we had eaten all the food and were running out of topics to talk about. "Wow Scott! This was amazing, thank you so much for today." I didn't want it to end, but I knew we couldn't stay here forever.

"I'm glad you had fun, but it's not over yet. I have something I want to show you." I was surprised, I didn't expect him to do any more than he had already done, it was already more than I expected. I smiled as he got up and held his hand out for me, I took it and he lead me to a wall. He revealed a secret door and I realized it was in the shape of a heart. He had put so much thought into this! I still couldn't believe my eyes, I love it.

When we reached the end of the heart shaped walk way, we came to a knew section, the walls on either side of us were filled with water and I could just make out some cod in the water as well. Then we came to a ladder, Scott let go of my hand and turned around. "The next part we will have to climb, I'll see you at the top." He winked and started climbing the ladder. I could feel my face heating up and I just watched for a second as Scott climbed-

"Jimmy? Are you coming?" I snapped out of it and quickly apologized, then climbed up after Scott. When I reached the top, I saw a hand reaching down. I took it and Scott helped pull me up. Looking around I saw a table set up with two chairs around it and flower pots with flowers, or more specifically, poppies sitting in them.

"Wow, Scott I didn't expect all of this, I-"

"S-Sorry, this is probably t-too overwhelming. I should have started small." He looked down, I could see he was starting to get sad.

"No Scott! I'm just in shock that you went through all of this for me. I love it so much!" His face brightened as he turned his head back up to look at me. We sat down at the table and enjoyed the rest of the evening, within what felt like minutes, the sun started to set.

"Oh, it looks like it's getting dark already." Scott looked down, a sad look overcoming him once again. My smile faded as I realized the day had come to an end.

"Y-Yeah, you're right..."

Scott's POV

We walked back in silence, neither one of us wanting to talk, I was sad that Jimmy had to leave already and he was probably feeling the same, going by how quiet he was. When we eventually reached the town again, we stopped and looked at each other for a moment, then he quietly spoke in a hushed voice. "Thank you for today, b-bye S-Scott." He turned to leave, but before he took a step, I grabbed his arm.

"Wait!" He turned around, surprised. I didn't think. I pulled him into a kiss. After a second, Jimmy melted into the kiss. This was the most alive I had felt in weeks. I deepened the kiss and soon, all I could think about was Jimmy...

***********************************************************************************************

I woke up the next morning in my bed, last night a bit of a blur. I slowly opened my eyes and realized someone had their arm wrapped around me. I rolled over and saw the figure in front of me. Jimmy! My face started heating up as I realized how close we were. He stirred and I could see his eyes straining to open. "S-Scott?"

"M-Morning Jimmy." I smiled. 

He smiled as well. "Morning."