Chapter 55 - Better Late Than Never

Natalia's P. O. V

"Thank you again for having us." Timothy said with a graciousness that he'd seemed to develop along with his Alpha persona.

We were on the Oaktail territory, visiting the inhabiting pack. After four packs, his persuasion and sweet-talking skills had started improving. The Alpha of this pack had immediately taken to Timothy and had been all too eager to jump on the revenge bandwagon against the Lightwood pack.

'Maybe it's the Thanksgiving spirit.' Candy offered.

I rolled my eyes. I was just happy that we hadn't been rejected by any of them yet.

"Don't mention it, it was a pleasure. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need us to do anything else."

Timothy gave a true politician's smile, "I appreciate it"

They slapped hands and patted each other's backs to say goodbye. Timothy even waved as we drove off.

"Careful, you wouldn't want people to think you're actually pleasant." Kaesha snickered.

He glared at her, "Your salty ass just can't admit that people can actually stand me, unlike someone here."

She laughed, "They only find you tolerable cause they don't actually know you."

"And you think people will like you when you say shit like that?"

She stuck her tongue out at him, getting a laugh out of all of us.

The drive to the airport was short and full of bickering and conversation. Hailey and Timothy had been able to refrain from glaring daggers at each other for most of the trip, and I was optimistic about getting through this last leg without any commotion.

"You really didn't have to fly us, Ari." Hailey said, for the third time in the last three days, "I could've just driven us here."

The new documents we'd gotten, courtesy of Super Banking, had come in incredibly handy for transportation and getting things done officially.

"Hailey, how many times do I have to tell you that it's okay? It's a holiday, so I thought it'd be nice."

She sighed, "I know... but I'm sure Tim at least would've been able to find his way here from our territory by himself. And he'll be able to find his way back after our thanksgiving dinner. You can still cancel his last flight and get a refund."

I gave her a look.

She huffed, "I'm joking..."

"Hailey, we're going to enjoy a nice, first-class flight back home, and tomorrow we're all going to get along and go out for a nice dinner. Then the day after that, we'll have a nice day with him then take him to the airport for his flight back to the territory to prepare it for our pack. One that you will both have a hand in leading, so why not get along?"

"Fine..."

And try they did. They were on their best behaviour for the next three days, save for the screaming match they engaged in the night before Timothy was supposed to leave again. It had ended with some pretty heavy breathing and sounds that I tried my best to ignore, before Hailey ended things and kicked him out of her room. That had apparently been enough to make her refuse to talk to him all day, and stay home while Kaesha and I dropped him off at the airport.

By the time the Thanksgiving holidays were over, Hailey was back to her normal self, but I barely had time to enjoy her company, or anyone else's for that matter.

'What possessed me to think I could do all of this at once?' I grumbled to Candy.

It was halfway into the second week of December, and with exams for both Killdrain and the Syren school bombarding my thoughts during my every waking moment, I'd barely had time to think of anything else. I'd even needed to reschedule some of my exams cause the timing for them clashed. I'd been running around, finishing projects and brushing up on information I needed to pass my college classes, as well as studying for both my Supernatural and regular subjects in the Syren school, cause I apparently still needed to write English essays and math exams to pass this term.