8. Don't say 23 (Part 1/2)

A longer chapter than usual! Normally the chapters are about 2k words, this one is almost 3k and I still have a lot to tell so I will divide this story in two or three parts.

I was going to post tomorrow but I'll be out all day so enjoy it :3

A hooded figure ran through the alleys avoiding cameras and passersby. After a few turns he arrived at Mr. Smoothy's store he was looking for. Before entering he looked back once more, if he wanted to protect the city he loved so much he had to leave. He looked at his wrist where the Omnitrix was, the cyan light was being surrounded by an orange light.

-I hope you can help me, Ben-the figure said before entering and disappearing with the store.

-These are definitely the best chili fries I've ever tasted. Not counting the special Christmas edition with extra sauce- Ben and Kevin walked across the parking lot toward the car.

-It goes without saying Tennyson, but I don't want any gravy stains on my car- he said to his friend who was eating without a care in the world.

-Please, I wouldn't do anything to damage your car- he mumbled with his mouth full.

-You're joking, right?

A person crashed into Ben making him smash his chili fires on Kevin.

-Oops, it wasn't my fault-he tried not to laugh.

-You little... Move aside Tennyson-Kevin moved Ben to face the culprit who caused the accident. Being shorter than him he grabbed him by the hood revealing a very similar Ben Tennyson but blue eyed and slightly younger.

-Ben? Is that you? I'm glad I found you so quickly- said the blue-eyed boy.

-Were you looking for Tennyson?-Kevin inspected the boy more closely, squinting his eyes-Why do I get the feeling I already know you? and I'm not sure why, but I feel more like hitting you.

-It's been a long time since I last saw you.

-Who is it, a relative?- Kevin put the boy down and Ben approached them both.

-It 's me. Well, my Dimension 23 self, these things are always so confusing- he said scratching his head.

-I'm Ben Tennyson, sorry about the fries- Kevin glared at him as he remembered the situation.

-Now I understand why it bothers me so much to see your face, it's because you're Tennyson.

-I'm sorry to be so direct, but I need your help.-Ben felt that something was wrong, the boy in front of him used to be very conceited and arrogant, but now his look was sincere and reflected an anguish that turned his stomach.

-What would be so important to seek help in another dimension-he tried to conceal the concern, Ben 23 showed him his left wrist. Recognizing the patterns and the distinctive color, he knew immediately what the problem was.

-The self-destruct mode?! You should go to see your Azmuth, not me!

-I couldn't find him. The self-destruct mode was activated two days ago after it was overloaded by a wave caused by an explosion while fighting-the boy raised his left arm and looked at his watch- Apparently every time I use the Omnitrix the countdown speeds up and in turn releases energy waves. Tetrax helped me get out of my dimension, he said Azmuth knew they would go after him since he was the only one capable of stopping the watch's self-destruct sequence and asked him to send me with you.

Ben looked at his other version and the familiar Omnitrix design he carried, remembering that dangerous adventure he had with his cousin years ago after accidentally triggering the self-destruct mode in a similar way. The first time he had traveled into space, not counting his visit to the satellite in one of his battles with Ghostfreak.