18: Loves

jay and hana were currently on their way to hana's parents house, who called on the saturday morning to invite them the next day at their house, since it's been a long time since they came back from italy. 

there were also things to talk about after their graduation. 

"omma!" hana ran over holding her dress above her ankles like the lady she is, hugging her mother after what felt like a year. 

meanwhile jay walked over with a bright smile on his face, his eyes lingering around his wife who rushed inside, almost forgetting the presence beside him. 

"how have you been, father?" he asked, bowing in respect as the man patted his back with a hearty smile, "i'm doing well son, knowing my daughter is doing good." 

"of course si-, father." jay bit his tongue inside his mouth, almost calling his now father sir like he did before, the intimidating man he was, was goofy now as jay's father in law laughed a bit before leading him inside the house, their loving gazes on their excited wives. 

it looked like taunts - with good intention - had begun with hana's mother already, who slyly rolled her eyes with a smile in the living area. 

"how is hana son? is she cooking well or making you eat take out every other day?" junhyun asked, laughing but his eyes showed worry. jay reassured him, a eager nod. 

"she is father, but i can cook too, we share the duties, she insists my food's better than hers" he ended with a awkward laugh, contemplating if he should've said the last part, "but hers is exceptional as well father!" he added quickly before the old man could react. 

and he broke out a laugh, again patting his back. "of course, then when are we getting a taste of our chef son's cooking?" hana's mother piped in, reading the question in her husband's mind. 

hana meanwhile glurped down her mother's cooking in the kitchen. "of course mother, anytime. please come soon to visit us" 

the older couple talked more with jay, seeing what's new with him, how their daughter is living it up. "yes, we're the only ones living closer to the hospital, so she will be staying with us." jay answered to what seemed a question. 

"who's coming?" hana asked, confused as everyone's attention fell on her cake full mouth. "hana! i told you not to eat the cake! this girl!" hana's mother smacked her daughter's head, earning a sneaky laugh. 

but then the attention fell back to what their daughter said, and then to jay. 

"o-oh, remember my cousin love, the one i told you is staying over with us later?" jay asked, his eyes pleading, vulnerable in his father in law's eyes who looked rather displeased his daughter assumedly hadn't the clue about their visitors. 

"oh, of course. ginah, was it?" hana asked again, her eyes smug. 

jay breathed a sigh of relief. she's probably scheming the hell out of the box right now, but atleast he was saved infront of his in laws. his father in law visibly relaxed, his face unwrinkled. 

"giselle, honey." 

"riiiight, giselle, honey." she challenged back, laughing under her breath back to the kitchen to her mother, his mind running with wild ideas. 

i mean, she just saved her husband. 

but she didn't even realise for what she covered up for. 

wait. giselle? cousin? jay's family? 

at our house?!

WHEN!?

+