Chapter 18

Jade's Pov

"Why didn't you go with him?" Skylar asked.
"I don't want to leave you alone. What if they are trying to separate us? What if we let our guard down and I go with him and they take you?" I panicked and she put her hand over mine.
"Jade, how many times do I have to tell you that everything is going to be fine?" She said and I sighed.
There was a knock on the door and she looked confused.
"It could be Ayden again" I got up and opened the door.
"Caden! What can I help you with?" I asked and he smiled at me.
"I'm here to take miss Skylar out for a walk around the city," He said. I looked back and Skylar perked up from the bed. She stood and fixed her outfit as she walked over to us.
"Did Ayden put you up to this?" I asked and he shrugged.
"Ayden doesn't tell me what to do" He laughed.
"Technically that's not true," another voice said from behind him. Caden stepped aside and Ayden walked over to us.
"Well, he does I just don't like listening to him." Caden winked at us and Ayden nudged his side.
"Yes, I did ask him to take care of Skylar so we can hang out. I wouldn't trust anyone else only Caden and Lance, but Lance is training right now." Ayden said.
"We are the best fighters of the pack so trust me nothing is going to happen to you girls" Caden flexed and Skylar laughed.
"Change of plans. Dr. Bour said the vaccine is ready for you girls" Ayden said and I nodded.
I grabbed Skylar's hand and we walked to the hospital. We entered an exam room and waited for Dr. Bour. I could feel Skylar's hand shaking and I looked over at her.
"It's going to be okay," I said and she gave me a small smile. Dr. Bour walked in and set a tray down on the counter.
"Who is going first?" He asked and I raised my hand.
"It's going to go in your arm. Do I have permission to touch you?" He asked and I stayed quiet. I was too nervous to answer and I looked at Ayden. Dr. Bour looked at him and he nodded. He put his hand on my arm and my breath hitched. He counted down from three and I felt a burning sensation on my arm. I whimpered and closed my eyes. I felt a tingling sensation all over my body and I opened my eyes again. Ayden was in front of me with a concerned look on his face.
"Are you okay?" He asked and I shook my head.
"It burns," I said and he looked at Dr. Bour.
"That's normal. The medicine is running through her veins it's going to affect her." Dr. Bour said. My vision began getting blurry and I looked at Skylar.
"It's going to be okay," I said and felt myself fall forward.

Ayden's Pov

She fell forward and I caught her just in time.
"What's going on?" I looked over at Dr. Bour.
"Her body is healing. She needs rest. It might take long." He said. I carried her and looked at Skylar.
"It's normal. Do you mind if I take her to another room to rest? Caden will bring you over when you're ready" I said and she nodded.
"Bring her to the same room," I told him.
I nodded at Dr. Bour and walked to another room. I laid Jade on the bed and sat next to her. I heard a yelp come from the other room and then some shuffling. Jade whimpered and I grabbed her hand.
"It's going to be okay. After this you're going to feel a lot better" I kissed her head. Caden walked in with Skylar in his arms and laid her on the bed next to Jade.
"After this, they both will be feeling better." Caden groaned and sat next to Skylar. There was a knock on the door and Lance walked in.
"Hey sorry I just finished training. How are they?" He asked and looked at them.
"Dr. Bour said they might sleep for a while. Their bodies are healing" I said and he sat down with us.
I looked over at the girls and they both had a pained look on their faces.
"I can feel her getting stronger. I can feel her wolf" Milo said and walked around in my head.
"I can't wait to meet her," I said and Jade squeezed my hand.
"Luna" Caden and Lance said at the same time.
"Are you guys okay?" I asked and they shook their head.
"I feel this pull towards her stronger than before," Lance said and Caden nodded.
"Things will definitely start changing" I groaned.
"Hopefully she won't get in heat soon. Remember the fights the males would get in when the females would get in heat" Caden said and I nodded.
"I won't worry about that. They wouldn't disrespect their luna like that." I said
"Although they don't know she is their Luna." Lance reminded me and I groaned.
"Something is wrong with them" I stood up. They both had their eyebrows furrowed and hurt expressions on their face.
"Are they in pain?" Lance asked. Skylar yelled and I rushed to her side.
"Skylar, can you hear me?" I questioned. She was holding her stomach and whimpering.
"Ayden!" Caden called out. I turned around and he was looking down at Jade. She was having a seizure.
"Dr. Bour get in here now!" I ran over to Jade and Dr. Bour walked in to check the girls.
"Put her on her side. I'm going to get something to help them" He ran out and I did as he told me.
"Caden go check on Skylar," I said without taking my eyes off of Jade. She stopped moving and fell limp. Dr. Bour ran in and gave another shot to the girls and sighed.
"What's happening to them?" I asked.
"It's part of the healing process. Their bodies are so badly hurt it's taking up so much of their energy. The second injection was to help with the side effects." He adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose and sighed. He walked over to Jade and caressed her face.
"What do you think you're doing?" I growled. I moved his hand away and stepped in front of her.
"I-i'm sorry about that Alpha It's just I feel s-something different" He backed away.
"Don't touch her without permission again" Milo's voice said.
"W-what's going on?" He looked around.
"Milo calm down. Dr. Bour, the reason you are feeling that is because-" Milo interrupted Lance and growled.
"You will not touch your Luna again" Milo growled. Dr. Bour looked confused and panicked.
"Jade is his mate, so she is your future Luna. Milo is very protective of her" Caden explained. Milo backed him onto the wall.
"Dr. Bour you need to-" Milo stopped and I turned us around.
"Caden get Dr. Bour out of here now" I had control and walked over to Jade. There was some shuffling behind me and then the door shut. Jade kept fidgeting in her sleep.
"Is that what I think it is?" Lance asked and I nodded.
"That's the heat," I said and sat down next to her.
I looked at both girls and they both looked better. Their bruises were gone and they didn't look as pale anymore.
"How do you feel?" I looked up at the guys.
"It's the same pull, but not enough to go crazy for her," Caden said and I nodded.
"Lance, please go remind Dr. Bour about not discussing anything with anyone. " I said and he left the room.
Jade turned around and I grabbed her hand. The tingling sensation was stronger than ever. I can sense the heat as well and I know it's going to get worse. I groaned and adjusted myself in the seat.
"Getting hot?" Caden smirked.
"Shut it," I growled.
Jade reached out for my hand and I smiled.
"I don't want anyone near her. One of us has to be in this room at all times." I said and he nodded. Lance came back in and looked at the girls.
"What do you think they are feeling?" He asked and I shrugged.
"Do you think they are dreaming? Because maybe Jade is having a sexy dream with Ayden" Caden said and I glared at him.
"I'm not even going to waste my energy on you" I turned to look back at Jade and caressed her face. She leaned into my touch and smiled in her sleep.
"Are we really spending all day here?" Caden groaned.
"Leave if you want. Just know you're leaving your Alpha and Luna." I shrugged.
"It's not like someone is going to attack you in this hospital room" He snickered.
"Well if they do you won't be here," Lance crossed his arms.
"Oh come on you guys. I wasn't really leaving. I have to make sure they are both okay" He smiled. "Just in case Jade needs strong arms to fall into if Ayden can't support her" I took off my shoe and threw it at him in one swift motion.
He caught it and threw it back. Caden has amazing reflexes but not as good as Lance. I put my shoe back on and laid back on the chair. Lance specializes in reflex skills and Caden specializes in hunting. It runs in our blood. I come from a line of Alphas just like they come from a line of Gammas and Betas. Our fathers were in our titles before they got killed.
We all trained together since we were kids, so when it was time to step up we all did. I looked up at the guys and they were in their own little worlds. Lance was looking down at his cellphone and Caden was sleeping on the chair. The day all our fathers left and didn't come back was a hard day for the entire pack. They were loved and adored by everyone. They were strict, tough, and scary, but they cared and fought for everyone. That's why Caden was able to find jade faster than anyone else the night she ran off. I hate knowing that they are better than me at something. Something hard hit me in the head and I looked up.
"What the fuck was that for?" I glared at Caden and he was smiling.
"You were falling asleep. I wanted to make sure you were awake when Jade woke up" He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Don't ever do that again" I looked back at the girls and Skylar sat up.
"Hey, are you okay?" I rushed to her side and she groaned.
"What hurts?" She pointed to her stomach and head.
"It's healing. Go ahead and lay back and rest" She laid back and closed her eyes. I sat back down with Jade and sighed.
I want her to wake up healthy.