03.

Camryn Summer.

I was bored, then on the edge of horrified in a matter of a few minutes, why is that, well it could all be summed down to my teammates who were on the ground groaning as if they were cars in a highway pile up. We were just having some fun trying out some techniques for the upcoming game, we couldn't lose, we absolutely could not lose, that was team motto, team spirit, team whatever it was that gave us passion, we don't lose.

So why was I horrified, the technique had flopped, meaning we actually needed to do it after school at practice, to perfect it. "Hey isn't that the new kid?" Dean my best friend pointed out and Orlando my other friend and next beta of the pack suddenly stood up from the body pile up looking horrified. "Fuck my parents are gonna murder me." He stated and I wondered why he was so worked up, then Dean turned my face to the supposed new kid and my breathing hitched, I mean I literally choked on my own saliva and began coughing harshly.

"Whoa man you alright?" Dean asked as I nodded still coughing, why hadn't I noticed him, he was so beautiful, handsome wasn't the word, not there. "I mean, if looks could kill, you'd probably be dead, he's one hottie huh." Dean chuckled and I nodded. Thing is the team was made up of a rainbow in literal sense when it came to sexuality, we didn't discriminate, love was freaking love, so if you liked guys, great, girls, great too, just don't fuck up the team with relationship drama, Dean was bisexual and I was proudly gay though to my dad I wasn't out, he probably knows anyway and besides coming out or not that was my issue, telling him or not I didn't care, I liked what I like.

"Where are you going?" I asked Orlando as he was packing up his stuff rapidly. "To my cousin, mom and dad told us to look out for him and then I got so caught up it slipped my mind that he's coming to school today, now he's sitting and eating alone, and if my mom hears about this, she'll make sure I'm castrated." He replied grabbing onto his lacrosse equipment. "Wait the hottie is your cousin, he definitely found the magical side of the gene pool, come on introduce me." Dean asserted and the statement alone made my hair stand on end, that has never happened before, my wolf had actually woken up, and I know my wolf, he was lazy, to actually have him this alert was different.

"Let's go together, more the merrier." I suddenly blurted out as Orlando just nodded grabbing his stuff and speed walking to his cousin, Dean and I follow behind, we didn't want to startle him. "Hey, I'm so sorry, I should've looked for you in the morning, I'm Orldano, I'm your cousin, my brother and I were supposed to come for dinner yesterday, we had training, I'm so sorry." Orlando pleaded, it was amusing to see the 6'3 wolf practically begging with tears welling in his eyes, as for his cousin he seemed surprised then his face relaxed. "It's okay." I heard his phone reply after he'd typed on it, I started to question why he did it, couldn't he speak, why, what happened to his voice, was he sick, and my wolf whined.

Get yourself together Cam, you barely know the guy and you're already whiney and overprotective. "It's alright seriously, I made a friend Maxine, she helped me out, then she had a class during my lunch period so I came here to eat, I'm totally fine don't worry, want some water, my dad packed three in there." He explained and offered the water to a relieved Orlando. "Thank goodness." He sighed and I cleared my throat. "Oh shit, I'm sorry, this is Camryn, and this is Dean, they're my friends, Camryn and I co captain the football team, then Dean and I co captain the lacrosse team." He explained as I held out my hand. "Nice to meet you, hope you're having a good first day." I shook his hand, it was so soft and warm, damn, get a grip.

"It's so so, you can sit down." He replied and Dean chuckled sitting next to Orlando and I definitely wanted to sit next to him, he smelled so nice, like pine, rain and wild lavender. "I like your shirt." Orlando signed and pronounced the words but his cousin laughed, there was slight sound that came out of his mouth but the expression wasn't hard to read. "What did I sign it wrong?" Orlando asked and his cousin nodded. "You said you liked my head." He told him and that amused me too. "Maybe you should leave sign language to the pros." Dean interjected making all of us laugh.

"It was a good effort, just make sure your fingers aren't going the wrong direction." He explained again showing Orlando the proper way to actually sign what he wanted to say and he made a very lengthy oh. "So are you joining any sports?" I asked and he shook his head in refusal. "I support players not play sports, I'm an artist, besides my dad would have a heart attack if I actually did something physically challenging." He expressed and Orlando with Dean chuckled. "Is it because of—." Dean wanted to ask but I kicked his shin, so he stopped and hissed. "It's okay, I'm physically fine, I just can't say anything, my dad is overprotective like any wolf, he just doesn't want me to get hurt, I tried sports before, I got hurt and because I couldn't speak no one heard me cry out, so he'd rather I stay away from getting hurt, I appreciate it too, I actually discovered something I liked after." He explained and my wolf yet again whined, he was so strong.

Somehow talking to him was soothing despite him using his phone, I could point out how each word he typed would've been said, my wolf on the other hand was going through phases, as if he were in a field of daisies one time, then next he was angry and wanted to rip apart whoever hurt him, this was confusing so I just tried my best to tune him out, my wolf I mean, not Orlando's dare I say it captivating cousin. "You know, you never told me your name." I pointed out and he made the cutest duck face ever, I awed on the inside, freaking flying fish, I had a complicated relationship but still relationship with my boyfriend, why was I fawning over him.

"Amille DeAndre Laurent." He replied and damn his name fit him just right, like his skin tone, it looked so good, I was tempted to lick him to see if he tasted good too. Okay, time out for me, luckily the bell saved me. "So I'll walk you to your class, do you need anything, water, juice, I'll even be your chauffeur." Orlando offered making Dean laugh, I however was fighting the urge to do the same as Orlando, something in me just wanted to protect him, to make sure he was alright that no little shit in this school was bothering him, that he was just alright.

"Maybe the books, I'll carry the rest." Amille replied as he smiled toward me and Dean. "It was nice talking to you, hope to see you around." He side hugged Dean then hugged me after he said that, oh he was definitely going to be seeing me, I was going to make sure of it. "Bye Amille." I waved as Dean finally just began to laugh. "Damn you are so whipped." He exclaimed and I narrowed my eyes on him. "No I'm not, I just really like and care about him, he's got a permanent condition that he needs help with, so I was being a friend too, since he has none." I argued and Dean rolled his eyes. "Even a blind man could see through that bullshit and how you basically inched closer to him each time he responded to your questions, I admit he's gorgeous and any guy who appreciates beauty would be worshipping him too, I know I am, and lucky for me, I can freely admit that, you on the other hand my man, might've just found your guy and you've got dancezilla chained to you." He explained patting me on the back as we made it back to where our stuff was.

I hated how right he was, how totally wrong it was to actually be enchanted with Amille when I had a complicated boyfriend. "Man I don't know what I'm gonna do." I groaned and Dean chuckled next to me. "No idea, but it'll all work out hopefully or Amille Laurent will definitely be off limits in a couple of weeks." He taunted and I smacked the back of his head. "Not helping." I growled in my confusion, why was I so enthralled with him, I could still smell him.

Howling Love.

Vote + Share + Comment + Follow

Saint Jay.