13.

Camryn Summer.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay the night, of course dad will make sure you use the other bedroom." Amille questioned and I chuckled shaking my head in refusal. "I want to stay but I have a road trip and a date to plan, and I need to go over stocks for the auto shop, and I need to see my dad, I've got a full plate but it doesn't mean I won't miss you." I replied using his language, the more I learnt about sign language and the more I practised, the easier it was to execute and talk with my future boyfriend, today had been spectacular, we had gone to our spot, had a heart to heart that left me feeling like Amille was it, I could already see him at the altar, with me standing by his side, of course we were a long way from my day dream but I couldn't help want it even more now.

After we got back to his, I had dinner with him and his dad, I couldn't resist, Amille really had his talent for food, afterwards Black Panther finally made me emotional but I wouldn't cry, it was the perfect evening and despite the lingering curiosity to know what exactly happened between my father and Amille's, I didn't want to ruin the serenity of today, it was way too perfect and I wanted it like that. "I know you'll be thinking of me, I'm pretty unforgettable." He boasted as I looked at him with quirked brows feigning surprise. "Well that's mighty alright good sir, I wouldn't want to forget you either way." I retorted coming closer to him and hugging him, his arms couldn't go all around me but I could engulf him in my embrace, and I didn't want to let go but I had to,  only for tonight.

"Goodnight duck face." I whispered placing a kiss on his head. "Goodnight boyscout." He signed just as we parted and I walked to my car, waved before I drove out of his driveway and headed for home with an absurd smile on my face, was this how it felt to be mutually wanted, to have someone who truly made you feel like you were their world as much as they were to you, with Vincent it never felt like this, Amille made it feel easy, it flowed, we had our awkward moments, we always bantered but when it was times like these, the energy around him was soothing, it's why my wolf was rumbling in content, happy to have his scent all over us, happy that he wanted us, happy that he was with us and cherish us, it felt good, ridiculously good.

My phone ringing brought me out of my giddy feelings as I swiped the screen without checking who it was. "So how was it, did you guys have fun?" It was Dean probing for something. "Did you finally ask him on a date, an actual one not these conventional ones?" That was Orlando, which was surprising, they never really hung out together besides at school or if I was there lately if Amille was there, they always argued and were both extremely competitive, it made me wonder why they were in the same space. "First of yes I did and secondly what are you two doing together without murdering each other, it's late shouldn't one of you be in your own home." I stated and Orlando cheered, he really set a new standard for his weird outbursts.

"Ignore the shrieking one man cheer squad, I'm sleeping over at his house, my mom has a thirty six hour shift at work and I didn't want to be home alone so I decided to crash at his, he's pretty cool." Dean explained with a muffled Orlando in the back, it was amusing how they were getting along despite their destructive tendencies. "And you're sure one of you won't try to suffocate the other with a pillow?" I questioned just to make sure and they both gasped. "How dare you Camryn, we would never." Orlando argued. "Fine, sorry, I'm just checking." I apologized with a chuckle. "Its cool, hey we've gotta go, I need to beat this punk at Mario." Dean suddenly announced.

"You ain't beating no one baby!" Orlando sassily retorted shocking me a little since it really came out wrong. "That's something." I commented and the call quickly cut off leaving me laughing to myself, whatever was going on between those two, Amille and I were going to have a field day grilling them about it, and somehow thinking of Amille and having him included in every slight thought, doing things together, it made me smile, of course I was whipped, and my wolf was obsessed, but who could judge me, he was just too damn adorable.

Parking my car in the garage, just before I got out I picked up on raised voices, my parents were at it and luckily my siblings weren't around to witness this, I wondered why they never considered how their fights and arguments could be affecting us, our home lacked the peace it once had, always a static tension that needed the slightest nudge and it would blow, it wasn't healthy, not for any of us but what could we do, they were the ones with no consideration and it made me wish I had just stayed over at Amille's tonight.

"—ofcourse, even when you know he's not yours it gives you the slightest chance to go back running to him doesn't it, I thought it was over, I thought you were over it, but the slightest sight of him and you can't even sleep anymore!" My mother yelled as I walked into our home, past the kitchen onto the stairs, they were in the lounge both fuming. "Its—." My dad paused when they both noticed me. "Camryn honey, you're home, I didn't hear you, how was your day honey?" My mother questions trying to reign in all the emotions her facial features were showing and to spare myself everything I decided to just play along. "It was good, thanks mom." I told her before turning for the stairs.

"Are you hungry, I made meatloaf." She suggested and I shook my head in refusal. "No I'm good, I ate a ton but when I wake up later I think I'll reheat it and have some, thanks mom—goodnight and good night dad." I exclaimed before turning for the stairs not wanting to wait a minute longer pretending everything was okay when it wasn't, my home was a mess, I was just a teen trying to figure out my own life, granted I was mature enough to know that my parents needed help, I felt they needed to sort this out by themselves. "Good night sweetie." I heard mom call out with a smile just as I was up the stairs headed to my room.

A ping on my phone made me turn it up to check the message, it was from my curly headed angel. "Can't sleep?" I asked and a bushing emoji was his response. "I wanted to make sure you got home safe, plus I needed to remind you that you shouldn't panic if you find your lacrosse gear missing, I had dad steal it from your car, it needed a clean." He mentioned shocking me again, I hadn't even noticed it was gone. "That's a lot of stuff to clean, I appreciate it but I could've done it later." I told him and he laughed, through emojis, yet I could see him doing it. "You do so much for me, its the least I could do and you have a game soon, I wanted you to go out there and win with winning equipment, if that's a thing." He retorted making me laugh, a smile on my face, all the negative emotions brought on by my parent's arguments gone.

"We'll make it your thing okay." I suggested and he fist bumped. "You okay neanderthal?" He suddenly questions, I had no heart to tell him that my parents were arguing again, most likely related to something along the lines with his dad and mine, and him too, I knew it was conmected to what he wanted to tell me but if I let myself know, it would also affect me in a way I currently didn't want, although it was clear as clarity I just didn't want to acknowledge it. "I'm fine when you're there for me, so I won't lie and say I'm okay but talking to you right now, it makes everything better." I replied and he sent a photo smiling.

"And that's all I want for you, we'll be okay Camryn, whatever it is." He assured me and I held on to his words because I knew they were true, I could count on  Amille, that he felt right, even now, so I continued our conversation on lighter topics and school of course since he was a genius and I needed the help, he was right, it would be okay.

Howling Love.

Its gonna be okay.

Saint Jay.