FLASHBACK

TW : Cussing, Yelling, PTSD, Abuse, Self-Harm

Hazel's POV :

"Finally." Sighed mom Delia as we all sat around the kitchen's counter.

"So what was that today ?" Mom Mina lost no time and her piercing eyes scared me even more.

"I- I've had a bad day at school so..."

"So you thought it was the right idea to skip class ? Am I right ?" Asked mom Mina with her eyebrows raised.

"No, no I swear I didn't want to but-"

"Hazel there is no but here."

"I'm sorry I- I'm really so so sorry moms."

"You can be but it's a bit too late young lady !" Mom Delia said standing up and I winced with fear because I knew it was time for her to give the first kick. Mom Mina stood up as well but her cane fall to the ground and she started screaming so loudly, I wanted to plug my ear.

"FUCK ! WHAT A SHITTY DAY! FIRST MY STUPID ANNOYING BOSSES THEN THIS LITTLE GIRL MESSING AT SCHOOL AND NOW THAT ?!!! I-"

But she couldn't finish her sentence. It was enough to send me to a horrible flashback of my birth parents hitting me.

Cordelia's POV :

I heard my wife's cane falling to the ground and I knew right away she would scream because she already had a very bad day and it was difficult for her to to be mad at our girl, but we had to be strict with her. Mina yelled but she suddenly stopped and I turned to discover my Hazel dropping to the floor.

"Hazel ?!" I shouted running to her, and what I saw was terrible. My sweet girl was pulling her hair and scratching her skin. She was sobbing uncontrollably, screaming on the top of her lungs. I first looked at her with shock, like Mina, but I soon ran to her side in order to help her. But when I tried to touch her, she screamed louder and started struggling against me.

"NOOOO !! NO PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T HURT ME !! PLEEEAAASE NOOO !!"

"Hazel ! Hazel I won't hurt you, never, you know that, mom and I will never raise a hand to you baby !" I said trying to reassure her but it was no use. Mina walked to me and crouched with pain on the other side of Hazel.

"I think she's having a flashback, like few years ago." Stated my wife, and she was right. Few years ago, a dog bite Hazel and the pain was so unbearable that she fell into a flashback when her birth parents were hurting her. But here, the flashback was our fault, it was because of us and I felt so bad for making my daughter in such a bad state.

"Hazel come back to us honey. It's mom Mina you're okay, you're fine. We're not mad at you please come back to us." Mina tried to talk to her but it was no use and when she attempted to stroke her cheek, Hazel started hitting herself on the face and pinching her skin, leaving red marks and bloody areas.

"DON'T HURT ME PLEASE STOP ! STOP HITTING ME I BEG YOU !!" She cried.

"Hazel ! HAZEL ! It's your moms, we're not gonna hurt you, never, Hazel please come back to us honey stop hurting yourself please !" I begged her with tears streaming down my face. I didn't know what to do, but fortunately Mina took the lead.

"Restrain her Delia. She's hurting herself and she isn't listening to us."

I did as I was told and I managed to take a hold of Hazel's hands while Mina turned her so she was facing the ground.

"Hold her head." I ordered to my wife because Hazel was fighting so hard that she was hitting her head to the tiles.

At this point, Hazel was facing the floor, Mina was holding her face to the ground and I was holding her hands on her back so that she couldn't hurt herself.

As Mina was the closest to her face, she approached her head and murmured at her ear.

"Come on sweet girl, it's me it's mom, please come back to us, don't stay in this dark place, come back to our home with mom and I. Everything's gonna be okay as long as you come and stay with us. I promise you're safe with us, you're loved, so loved. Mom Delia loves you, I love you. You're the most precious thing of our life so please stop hurting and come back to us Hazel, my baby."

Hazel slowly stopped fussing and that's when I discovered the cuts in her wrists.