TREATMENT

Delia's POV :

It took a little while to calm Hazel down. She kept crying for hours after we ended up the conversation about her past, but Dr Staple had to give her a sedative because she was afraid to fall asleep. We never really talked about her abuse like that. We knew everything because of the file the foster system gave us when she was little, but ever since we never really had a talk about it. We sometimes mention some elements but it's very rare. We prefer let things from the past, in the past.

Hazel had an agitated night. She kept shaking and wailing in her sleep and it broke my heart. I couldn't sleep neither, seeing her in so much mental pain, so I just hugged her the whole time, hoping she would be at least a little rested the next day.

With all these emotions, the hospital hadn't the time to feed her. But I knew when the time would come, it would be very hard to make my daughter eat, now that she finally kind of confessed her troubles with eating.

The sun started rising through the thin curtains of the hospital room and Hazel stirred a little.

"Hello sweet love." I whispered in her ear, stroking her face and kissing her nose.

"Hi mom." She answered pulling me in a hug. She seemed in a good mood, but I didn't last long because Dr Staple entered the room.

"Good morning ladies." She said greeting us all, it's only now that Mina woke up, grumbling because she didn't really slept well, having to stay on the armchair the whole night. I knew she must have been in the worst pain ever because of her back, but she didn't complained, she didn't even made a face when she stood up, to let Dr Staple take her sit. The doctor thanked her but told my wife she could stay in the armchair, as she was here for Hazel's treatment.

"Treatment ?" My daughter asked, frowning.

"Today we'll start a new treatment sweetheart. We'll keep your old medicine for your ADHD as well as your anxiety, but we'll add a tranquilizer to help you calm down when you need it, and another pill called antidepressant that you'll have to take everyday."

My girl nodded and the doctor approached her with a glass of water and a little pill container, which obviously contained pills.

Hesitantly, Hazel brought the pills to her mouth and took few sips of water to swallow them.

"Can you open you mouth to show me that you really swallowed them ?" Demanded Dr Staple unexpectedly.

"Don't you believe her ?" Questioned Mina, a little bitter.

"I personally do. But it's the rules here. We have to make sure the treatment is taken by the patient." Simply answered the medical professional.

Mina didn't say anything back, even if I knew she absolutely didn't agreed with this kind of method. Deep down she knew it was for our daughter's best.

"Now I have to talk to you about the next steps. We need to create a plan together. Both for your meals and your general mental health.

I could swear I heard Hazel gulp behind me.

"Hazel, we know about your eating disorder. And we had time to talk with both of your moms about it so we all know here. There is no need to hide it from now on. You'll get help, you'll get the help you deserve. But you need to trust us and let us do what's best for you. And believe me, we won't do anything you're not comfortable with. But you have to try. And lastly, unfortunately you're still a minor. So as for your cellphone, if a decision need to be made, your moms can make it for you. Do you have any questions ?"

Hazel seemed speechless, she looked like she just didn't understand the whole purpose of her healing.