Secret Roommate

His hands wander up and down, still leaving trails of goosebumps behind them, not because of the usual reasons. Not because Summer can't feel them.

But because she can.

Impossible heat. Impossible pressure. She's imagined them touching this way, of course, but not once has she considered that it would ever actually occur. However, it turns out that not only is the impossible possible, the impossible is happening. It's driving the breath from her lungs, setting her cells on fire, sliding underneath her shirt...

"How are you doing this?" she breathes. Before he can reach what he's trying to touch and she can forget her own name.

"I can't claim to know, but I can't complain either. You have no idea how very..." Silas pauses, looking up at her with that adorable, earnest curiosity. "What's the modern word for this? For feeling raging desire?"

She giggles. "Horny?"

He nods. "That. You have no idea how very horny one becomes after nearly two hundred years. To be able to feel a woman's body again..." He groans out an incomprehensible curse before digging his fingers into the softness of her waist and pressing a bone-melting kiss against her ribs. "It's exquisite."

He looks so very enamored. Lustful. Ravenous. All the words from her favorite bodice rippers. And the knowledge that she's the one doing this to him, pushing him to drop the control he holds so dear, makes fire erupt in her belly.

Trying to sound properly sarcastic takes most of the little sanity she has left. "I thought you were a virgin, soldier boy."

"Well, yes, but I was also a schoolboy once," he laughs. He slips one hand under her thigh, pulling it gently to spread her legs apart and settle between them.

And when he does settle, letting her feel that raging desire he referenced, her brain short circuits. She's turned back to factory settings; cavewoman DNA reawakens, flooding her with primitive, ancient instinct.

Her hands move of their own accord, sliding to feel his back, his shoulders, his jaw, his short curls. Everything. Nothing is more important than discovering all of him. Him. This secret, unexpected roommate who made the world colorful again.

"What else do you think we can do?" she whispers.

A delicious grin fills his face as he leans close. So very, very close. Not nearly close enough. "Shall we find out?"

Her breathing is shallow, and she doesn't trust herself to speak without fainting, so she merely nods.

She closes her eyes, their lips meet, and the real exploration begins.

A friend shared a graphic where you could put together a fun little Romance title based on letters in your name. Mine was "Spread by the Secret Roommate" xD I immediately thought of a ghost and couldn't resist the challenge of writing a little something about the premise.

This short served as the springboard for my ongoing book Whispers From The River!