3. Kentucky Derbys

I placed a kiss on Cody's cheek, "Goodbye brother, go practice throwing some balls." I smiled, and he pulled me in for a hug.

Today was the day where Cody leaves for the summer, yup the whole summer to go to football camp.

Carson does too. Which leaves me to be lonely all summer, cause Carson is my only friend. (other than Henry:))

I released Cody, and turned to Carson.

He took a few steps forward, and just gave me a big hug. "Hope you have a swell summer Cami, and don't you go making new friends on me now."

"Ooo to late, already got invited to a few party's." I stated sarcastically.

He released me with a smirk on his face, grabbing his cowboy hat and placing it on my head.

Whimpering sounded from behind me, my mother holds a tissue to her nose as 'tears' streak down her face.

I only quote tears cause I know as soon as they leave she's gonna pop open that bottle of vodka, and celebrate.

"Oh... my two boys..all grown up." She wraps one arm around both of them, squeezing so hard I saw Carsons face turn red.

Even though Carson isn't her biological son she still thinks of him as one of her kids. He's got a rough home life and he's been friends with us since childhood.

She smooched both them on the cheeks multiple times.

"Alright mom! It's fine we are just gonna be gone for a few months." Cody calls out, as he tries to escape her death grip.

She rolls her eyes, and shoes them out the door, Carson gets out one more "Bye Cami!" before the door shuts on them.

My mom lets out a sigh of relief, and heads to the bottle.

I couldn't help but let out a few laughs.

I sobbed all night, alone in my bed.

Jk, I actually decided to take Henry on a walk.

As I stepped out my front door, I looked across the street. There were no cars in the driveway, they must not be home.

I heard slight revving of engines in the distance, but decided not to think much of it.

I carried down the drive way, and made it about a block before I heard the car getting closer by the second.

I heard two of them, but the second one was far, and the first one was just about approaching.

It was zooming down the street, about to pass me before stopping right next to me.

The window slowly rolled down and revealed Kai Parker in the passenger seat, and Dominic Jackson in the drivers seat.

"Camilla!! Can you drive!?!?" Dominic asked, his words were rushed and he looked like he was in a worry.

"I uh, um-" Kai interrupted, "Just answer the question!!"

Well here goes nothing.

"Yes, in fact I race in the down town derby every Saturday night." I answered, with a proud smile.

Straight lies. I have never driven a car in my life. Actually that's another lie, I have practiced circles in the abandoned Walmarts parking lot.

"Just get in then!" Dominic yelled, as he launched himself into the backseat, and I guess I was driving.

The revving sound in the distance was now near, it was getting closer by the second.

I opened the side door, and put Henry back there.

I jogged around to the drivers seat and hopped in.

What was I thinking!?!? For all I know they could kidnap me!

I really have a problem with making impulsive decisions. I should've thought before I just decided to step into my neighbors car.

"Go! Hit the gas!!" Kai yelled.

The pressure got to me, and the car behind us was approaching.

I slammed my foot down on one of the pedals, the car accelerated forward at a astonishing rate. If I don't turn the wheel soon I'm gonna run right into the house ahead of me.

I quickly spun the wheel a bit and just toppled down the mailbox. But I made it!

I was proud for not slamming into a house!

The backlash of the spin did make me hit my head on the window though.

Omg! Henry, is he okay?!?

I glanced back, "Henry! Are you okay?!?" Dominic looked at me like I was a maniac, "Keep your eyes on the road!" He grabbed my face and turned it towards the road ahead of me.

Dominic was boarding up the back window, with some sort of bulky black material.

I was on my way veering into a parked car.

I scream slipped out my mouth, and I spun the wheel to the right just skidding against it and knocking the side mirror of the car, clean off.

"I thought you knew how to drive!!!" Kai screamed, though it was hard to hear him over the two engines.

I was about lie again, "I do! I swear I've raced in the Kentucky derby!"

Then I remembered Henry again, "I swear Dominic if anything happens to Henry I'm gonna kil-"
"I won't let anything happen to him! Just go, he's catching up!" Dominic responded.

I looked in the rear view mirror and the other car was right on my a**.

An alley was approaching, it was just wide enough for me to turn into.

I put the pedal to the medal, and zoomed down the road, taking a sharp turn in the alley.

I heard the other car zoom by, I lost him? I actually lost him!

Kai put the lever down to R, reverse, I then pressed the gas and reversed out of there. Knocking down a trash can or two. 

I then sped back to Dominic's house, and parked the car in the garage.

I stared at Dominic, and Kai like they are crazy.

What just happened?

I just drove a car for like the first time.

But what just happened!!!!?!??!?

I took a deep breath, and stepped out the car, Henry came out my door and I grabbed on to his leash.

Kai and Dominic got out, "WOOOOH, YEAH BABY, that's what im talking about!" They yell, and slap high five.

Dominic runs over and shuts the garage door, "Camilla! You were amazing! But crazy!" Dominic exclaims.

"Your one crazy chick" Kai states from behind me.

So no one's gonna mention the fact about what just happened?

Then I guess I'll bring it up, "Can someone please tell me what the f*ck! Just happened? Pardon my language."

They turned to me, surprised.

"Yeah it's a secret," Dominic stated. I raised an eyebrow. "Well I can keep a secret?" I replied, annoyed.

Dominic rolled his eyes before replying, "Well if we told you than it wouldn't be much of a secret, now would it?" He takes a step forward.

I shot him a look. How could he put me through that, and not tell me what was going on?!?

I grabbed Henry's leash and started to walk to the closed garage door, try and figure out a way to open it.

"Wait! Camilla, we'll tell you. You deserve to know." Kai acknowledged. "Bro! No we can't,-" Dominic replied, "Yes! And we are cause it's the respectful thing to do man!" Kai interrupted.

I turned back around before clicking the garage button.

I was about to reply until I felt a thick substance drip onto my hand, I glanced down and saw a drop of red blood trickling down my hand and seeping into Henry's leash.