Lost Child

Someone asked for more so here you go! I figure I should just post most of what I have.

___

Taking her time, Jamie walks back to the tower from her lunch break. She hasn't got to clock back in for another ten minutes but she figures because she's done eating, she might as well go back.

With the tower in sight, Jamie walks along the railing when something catches her eye. Looking around, the teenager waits a moment before approaching what looks to be a lost child. The little girl looks around wildly, her eyes filled with confusion.

"Hello," Crouching down, Jamie catches the child's attention. "Are you alright? Are you lost?" Whimpering, the child looks around before nodding. "Okay, I'm a lifeguard, do you want to come with me and I can help you find your mum or dad?"

"Mamma," The girl nods and takes hold of Jamie's outstretched hand.

"Can you tell me your name? I'm Jamie," She gestures towards herself even though the little girl doesn't see because she's still looking around at the people passing them by. "Sweetie, can you tell me your name?"

"Leanna," The girl eventually mumbles.

"Leanna, that's a beautiful name," Jamie compliments. "And how old are you Leanna?" Instead of answering verbally, the girl holds up four fingers. "Good, good. Let's go find your mamma, yeah?" Nodding, the little girl turns with Jamie and clings tightly to her hand as they start towards the tower.

Harries greets them, his eyes shifting down to the girl hugging Jamie's leg. "And who's this?"

"Leanna," The teenager answers for the child. "She's lost her mum."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Harries says sympathetically while crouching down to the girl's height. "Let's get you inside while we find your mum, yeah?" When he receives a nod, Harries smiles and ushers the two of them into the tower.

Upstairs, Joel keeps an eye on the water. He turns to offer a greeting to Jamie but falters when he sees the girl. "Leanna, can you say hello to my friend Joel?" Jamie asks while sitting down and placing the girl in her lap. Bashfully, the girl waves while Harries radios the others to inform them of the situation.

"Leanna, were you on the beach with your mum?" Jamie asks while observing the child. She already knows the answer to the question. The sand on the girl's arms and legs along with her damp hair and swim bottoms gives it away. Still, the seeks an answer and receives one in the form of a nod. "Good, can you tell me what your mother was wearing?"

Hiccuping, the girl lifts a nervous hand to her mouth as she looks around the tower with wide eyes. "What color was your mum's shirt? Do you know?"

"Like mine," The girl answers while pointing to her own shirt with a shaky hand.

"She was wearing a pink shirt?" Leanna nods and Harries relays the information to the other lifeguards. "Alright, sweetie, just relax, yeah? We'll find your mom." Taking the job upon herself, Jamie distracts the little girl best she can for the next little while until Deano radios in that they've found the girl's mother. "You hear that? We've found your mum, she's on her way to get you."

Harries and Jamie make their way down the stairs to wait for the girl's mother. She's spotted soon enough rushing towards them and Leanna finally separates from Jamie's side when she sees her.

With tears in her eyes, the girl's mother sweeps her child into her arms and holds her tight. She weakly chastises the child for wandering off while thanking them for finding her.

"Never a dull moment, huh?" Harries chuckles and pats her shoulder before heading back inside. Jamie puffs out a breath of air before following behind him. 

___

Boring, I know, I don't care for this one but I felt the need for little filler chapters. I wrote this months ago as well and dislike my writing here but didn't feel like rewriting it. 

Someone is going to be put in the hospital soon so that will be fun.