shanking and self-defense

hey guys! just letting you know, I have changed ginny's face claim to samantha logan! she's easier to find gifs for! so that's why the cover is different. nothing else has changed, so happy reading!

"I'LL BE CAREFUL, MOM, I SWEAR," GINNY ASSURED HER MOTHER AS SHE LEFT THE HOUSE. Her mother was worried to death about her, considering the murder of a Hawkins High student that ocurred the night before.

Ginny called all the highschoolers she knew— Robin, Dustin, Nancy, Mike (who was already in California; she got his mother instead)— to make sure they were all right, but she hadn't seen or heard from Lucas or Max yet.

She hurried to her car which her parents picked up for her the next morning and found a redhead standing outside it already. "Max, thank God," she sighed in relief, running out to meet her. "I've been calling your house all day."

Max didn't answer, holding onto her skateboard nervously. Ginny eyed her. "Are you okay?"

Max shook her head grimly. "We need to talk."

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚

"YOU THINK HE ACTUALLY DID IT?" GINNY ASKED.

Max, in the passenger seat of Ginny's car, shrugged. "I know what I saw." She shook her head. "Eddie and Chrissy went into his trailer, and only Eddie came out."

Ginny stared at the steering wheel, the car still in her driveway. "I... I just don't think Eddie would do that. We knew him freshman year, and he doesn't seem like the type. And Chrissy was so sweet! Why would anyone do that to her?"

Max shook her head again. "I didn't know what to do, so I just... came here. I thought it might be something else, i-if not Eddie."

"You mean... You think it had something to do with your lights flickering?" Ginny asked, her stomach sinking.

The redhead stared at the dashboard. "I hope not..."

Ginny pressed her lips together and nodded. "You know who we need to tell about this?"

Max sighed, nodding her head. "I think so."

"Dustin."

"Lucas."

Max's eyes widned. "Right! Dustin, totally. Not Lucas."

Ginny frowned. "Wait, why would we go to Lucas?" she wondered. "And why'd you make that face when you said his name?" She studied her younger friend intently, and gasped. "Wait, are you and Lucas off again?"

Max sighed, lowering her head. "I didn't want to say anything, but... We broke up a few months ago. It just didn't..." She huffed again. "It won't work out."

Ginny snorted at that, starting the engine of her car. "You don't have to tell me, Max. I know all about things not working out." She backed out of the driveway.

Max laughed quietly. "I take it things didn't go well between you and Steve last night?"

Ginny bit her lip. "No, it was... fine. It was fine."

Max raised her eyebrow.

"Okay, okay, he... tried to kiss me," Ginny admitted.

"Yikes," Max muttered.

"And I might have let him?"

"Ginny!" Max cried, shooting a glare at her.

Ginny groaned, shaking her head. "I'm sorry! Last night was just... perfect, and I didn't realize it until then but I am totally still in love with him—"

Max gave her a deadpan look.

"I'm sorry... I know you're not into boy talk," Ginny apologized.

Max shook her head. "No, I like boy talk with you, and with El," she said, looking at the road. "And I'm glad you've finally realized you're still in love with Steve. I had to break Lucas' heart and give him back the ticket to his game he gave me yesterday..."